Bear Strike & Rage Heads

eagle rider

you'll be surprised.  My bow is just over 300FPS and my arrows are 300 gr,  I was going to try the pile driver arrow but I feel in love with my new Gold tip Pro hunter arrows. I'd say pick up a used set and shoot them into a 3d target. Then shoot your muzzy into same target.

I have a Parker phoenix EZ-Draw bow set up at 28 " - 70# draw and

a Ben Pearson setup at 28" - 62# draw .

I am shooting 430 grain arrows which includes the 100 grain Rage expandables .

They seem to do the trick . The lighter arrows are faster but I would rather hear

the "thwack" from the heavier arrow than the "Blip" from the lighter arrow . My

youngest son shoots a 800+ grain arrow with a single bevel cut on contact fixed

blade . Those babies make a real thump when they hit the target .

funny you say that, I have a buddy who swears by them the 100 gr 4 blade MX.  He's saying the blood trails are terrific and the only difference is the MX has a thicker blade.

They are shorter than the regular 3 and 4 blades too, I think that might help reduce plaining issues I see from longer distance's. I'll find out when I try them out.

i tried the rage 2blade gave them away not for me... got sick of them popping open just walking to the stand i think they are sloppy while belly crawling trying to get a shot at one of the big bucks i chased all year they kept deploying every little thing they touched ...

Rock, i though they're suposed to deploy easily... no deployment failure, i think your using them in the wrong application, would be fine in a treestand or a large ground blind (as long as you don't try to shoot thru mesh windows, heck crawling around i would use a fixed blade and a backquiver! I've taken 3 buck with rage 2blade heads 2 from stands and  1 on a spot n stalk with rage no deer made it further than i could see watched them all drop. Don't get me wrong they are by all means not the only head i use(i use steel force as well) but they do group well and give consistant flight nessary for good shot placement! 

eagle, my steel force and rage shoot exactly the same i use the steelforce for bear and elk as i am looking for more penatration 1 1/4in, but deer are thin skinned and narrow chest cavity nothing beats putting a 2" + hole in one!