Grin and bear it

corydd7

34 minutes ago, TACC said:

Just my opinion, he has to fill up the back of my pickup truck. I am leaning towards the 500 lb mark. 5 or 6 years old minimum.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

from what i've been told and seen that's ridiculously heavy/big.  little above average taken in NY for age but young still young if you're going for a big bear.  still don't get that many where we are.  more and more i think about going and hunting them specifically somewhere else.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

from what i've been told and seen that's ridiculously heavy/big.  little above average taken in NY for age but young still young if you're going for a big bear.  still don't get that many where we are.  more and more i think about going and hunting them specifically somewhere else.

That is equivalent to a 180 class buck

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My 240lber was 6 years old, the P&Y was 14. 500lbs is not unheard of in Pa and NJ but rare in NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all that common in PA or NJ either if you look at averages. They sure get more than we do but they are the exception and not the rule. I have only seen one that was killed that was over 500 (540). It looked like a black refrigerator...lol 

The one I posted with the white crest was Ontario Canada. It was a Female and was 245#. She was 7-1/2.