I was wondering about......

First-light

Pat, I'm sure that those who hunt to feed their families are not waiting for legal shooting time  . If it's a few minutes before or after and a matter of food for the family I think they would shoot to feed their family. These hunters have a moral dilemma and I feel for them, family comes first. When you hunt for food it doesn't matter if it's a doe or a buck. I don't think they would care what people would think about, if it's ethical or not or even illegal. You have to do what you have to to feed your family.

Dave

As I have stated, anyone who says they hunt for the need to feed their family is stretching the truth. They could take the money they spend on a license, gun, bow and other equipment and the gas they spend to go hunting and buy food, which would be much more food than a deer equates to.  They could also take the time they dedicate to hunting and get a second job to bring in money to buy food.  When a person says they need to hunt to feed their families, I picture a family of 15 with no food in the cupboards. If that was the case, they could not afford a license and would be hunting illegally to feed a family. Nor would they be affording a computer or internet to say they need to hunt to feed their families.  And believe me, I would do the same if I needed to, but not use it as an excuse to break the law under supposedly hunting.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat, I'm sure that those who hunt to feed their families are not waiting for legal shooting time  . If it's a few minutes before or after and a matter of food for the family I think they would shoot to feed their family. These hunters have a moral dilemma and I feel for them, family comes first. When you hunt for food it doesn't matter if it's a doe or a buck. I don't think they would care what people would think about, if it's ethical or not or even illegal. You have to do what you have to to feed your family.

Dave

As I have stated, anyone who says they hunt for the need to feed their family is stretching the truth. They could take the money they spend on a license, gun, bow and other equipment and the gas they spend to go hunting and buy food, which would be much more food than a deer equates to.  They could also take the time they dedicate to hunting and get a second job to bring in money to buy food.  When a person says they need to hunt to feed their families, I picture a family of 15 with no food in the cupboards. If that was the case, they could not afford a license and would be hunting illegally to feed a family.  And believe me, I would do the same if I needed to, but not use it as an excuse to break the law under supposedly hunting.

Bingo!

Why are you so rigid, in life there are exceptions not everything is black and white.

Dave

If we were talking about survival there might be a grey area.. but when it comes to the law and the importance of killing a deer during a hunting situation... there is no grey area.. that deer is not more important than the law

http://www.dec.ny.gov/regs/15522.html

Gman..thats great..burt..even greater..flinger..were talking laws..there was a thread for leeks(wild onions)...illegal to pick in nys..yet alotta people here know how they taste..if stupidity were against the law..ida been behind bars a long time ago..due to the opinions of others..i only ask hunters to use common sense..some here cannot grasp that concept..if that makes me a cheater..then dont play in my field..

It is absolutely not illegal to pick wild leeks in NY... show me that law

What endangered animal would that be?? If you mean Big Bucks... yeah they probably are in danger if I'm hunting them ;)

Shooting animals on the endangered species list is against the law.. much like shooting a deer before and after legal shooting time

And misery loves company

It's all good. Just feel we got a lot of bullshitters here.

I hate to profile by the way someone types or expresses there experiences, but if I went back and dug through these threads some....there's a lot of conflicting opinions and stances some here haven't remebered to stick to very well...if for nothing more than their own credability.

Holyer than thou attitudes portrayed from thread to thread except for that one screw up when you all thought nobody was paying attention. Believe me, I read them all. Arrowflipper is right at the top of that list right beside bubba.

And misery loves company

I hate to profile by the way someone types or expresses there experiences, but if I went back and dug through these threads some....there's a lot of conflicting opinions and stances some here haven't remebered to stick to very well...if for nothing more than their own credability.

Holyer than thou attitudes portrayed from thread to thread except for that one screw up when you all thought nobody was paying attention. Believe me, I read them all. Arrowflipper is right at the top of that list right beside bubba.

I agree... there are a lot those that don't walk the walk... I happen to be one of the ones that do... killing a whitetail is not more important to me than the excitement of the hunt and the story behind it.

And misery loves company

I agree... there are a lot those that don't walk the walk... I happen to be one of the ones that do... killing a whitetail is not more important to me than the excitement of the hunt and the story behind it.

Far as I'm concerned Joe, I'd just assume sit behind a friggin camera anymore than deal with all the hypocracy involved in killing a damned deer. If you do it by the books....someone doubt's it because their's wasn't as big. If you stray from the written un-brekable law by a few minutes...well, your bound to be crucified by those in the same light.

Why even post the stories from the veterans or questions from the nebies anymore? They all get the same smoke blown up their asses as the last guy that posted similar. More often than not, just the next duetchbag trying to look better than someone else.

I think the internet has had a very negative effect on hunting from the start in that aspect. >;)

Oh?

Do tell........

Sure. :;)

Oh?

Do tell........

Sure. :;)

Spill it if you got it.

I am not a poaching law breaker.....show your hand.