The swamp

growalot

Well left early with a pack, water, clippers, a couple of ratchet straps and a granola bar...took some pics of one of the springs on the way down and pics of the mess I had to deal with. Then where the stand is going and pic standing at base of that tree...actually had better pics of that but the e-mail didn't except them and I'm way behind. I got her cleaned and climbed up to realize I had a cable lock on it...now I have to find the keys...so I loosened the strap and will move it tomorrow..so many beds and trails in there should be good hunting.

20170825_105532_resized.jpg

20170825_105342_resized.jpg

20170825_105336_resized (2).jpg

20170825_123215_resized.jpg

20170825_123147_resized.jpg

20170825_125810_resized.jpg

20170825_103023_resized.jpg

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

Yes it is and it's where I got the big swamp buck...tried getting the rest of pics but just one showed up ...I have pics of the upper middle swamp and stands I'll post later...easier cleaning ,but found the big blind needs major repair so I'll do that tomorrow as well.

20170825_123221_resized_3.jpg

First is looking straight out front the next is just to the right. Left and behind are gnarly. I cant hunt behind. Under all that green is a marsh grass and under those clumps is flowing water.. this ie the leading higher edge of the swamp which  is 200 yrds going down hill with flat water collectors

Nothing like a good MF rose grabbing on to your tenders on the way up a stand... Grow, be thankful you have an inny not an outy

One of my favorite things to do on the tractor is yank a bucket full of rosebush out of the ground. Or that sweet sound it makes going through the brush hog.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes sir...That entire area with exception of the main flow areas is nesrly a solid mass of it...I clipp small trails through it..Oh and it's mixed heavily with poison ivy...rose cuts you ivy seeps in ..I'm fashionably wearing calomine right now lol...but the deer love it!

Long story short this was my first day of high school. Wore jeans and put big gauz over the blisters. Got home and couldn't wait to take he jeans off.... Except the fact the gauz were at my ankles and the puss had hardened to my jeans. Basically had a layer of skin stuck to my jeans. Did I mention that when I see leaves of 3 I run....dfc669ab79d41be917104e191bc52dd6.jpgf3052ccced36eeb5ac91aef36fe63e29.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OK so here are a couple of stands in the middle hill swamp....This is where I have 5 springs come out of the ground and meander to the meet just at the crest of where the hill drops...This forms 3 streams two on the outer North side and one on the south. In late winter early spring there are 6-8 or when we have flooding type rains but those dry or semi dry up...Lots of beech and hazel nuts a couple of oak and swamp birch grow here...not as swampy because of a lot of grey clay but always mucky,spongy and dank . Makes for great ferns and wild rice actually...it's the only "flat " breather I get going up and down the 1/2 mile hill ,other than the very top...and it's a steep hill...that is walk only access... No plots here!

20170825_130408_resized.jpg

20170825_130010_resized.jpg

Edited by growalot