Lots of wildlife

chas0218

Unfortunately I deleted the photos but I have had a ton of different wildlife on our property. We bought the property with hopes of hunting and trapping. When we bought the property I walked it and found lots of deer sign and some bobcat tracks but that was it. I was thinking at least there are deer but I have had 2 different fischers, 1 bobcat, a mink or marten (not sure it was a night photo and a bit blurry) tons of big rabbits. I'll post some photos when I get a few more. Pretty exciting knowing we didn't buy a chunk of land with no animals.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sounds like you did good. What part of the state is it located?

Chemung County in Beaver Dams. I am waiting to see a bear that would be icing on the cake. I'm only 10 minutes south of Watkins Glen.

48 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Nice array of critters. Are you in a zone to trap any of those ? Just saw a fisher at about 50' where we hunt while checking a cam. Closed there and release of incidental one in canine set sure would be fun lol. Look forward to some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha not entirely sure but they are a neat critter and I surely wouldn't want to get tangled up with one in a trap. 

52 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Nice array of critters. Are you in a zone to trap any of those ? Just saw a fisher at about 50' where we hunt while checking a cam. Closed there and release of incidental one in canine set sure would be fun lol. Look forward to some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked and it looks like there is Fisher and Bobcat trapping but no marten.

Edited by chas0218

• 2 months later...
On 9/12/2017 at 2:59 PM, rob-c said:

Beaver dams is my old stomping grounds, I went to the old beaver valley school k to third grade .lots of good deer up there..

That is right down the street from my house. You know any of the Shelleys that is who we bought the house from. Also good friends with Rusty that went there.

12 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

That is right down the street from my house. You know any of the Shelleys that is who we bought the house from. Also good friends with Rusty that went there.

Don’t know the Shelly’s , but do know the crooker boys ..