Helloooo!!! Are you ready for the answer?

growalot

28 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

As far as the "opinion" part. Since it is NOT written in the regulations or laws clearly it is Opinion of the ENCON officer as well isn't it? This isn't some person working at the local license counter that is answering this. The question was sent in, passed to a person that was tasked with answering it. They appear to have don'e some research and responded. This is official channels. 

that's it right there, the officer won't give a flying crap about a yahoo email printed out, he has a quota and will probably write the ticket. the rest is up to grow to fight on her own time and money. 

Honestly, does that answer she posted make clear black and white sense to you though? It doesn't to me. That's why I brought up my experience on the illegality of an email from a regulatory agency. It's why OSHA posts their letters of interpretation for all to see. If this response made it to an FAQ on the DEC website that'd be another story. The fact that she threw in some opinion at the end really discredits the officialness of the note. 

nobody has answered my other questions about mz priv. or the 2 hunter comment.

24 minutes ago, growalot said:

Give up Culver They'll just drag it out...NOT 30 pages...But probably 11 like the "other thread" It really is pointless.

honestly grow. nobody really cares but you. we're not blowing you in, you're lugging 2 weapons into the field not me. It's not my time and effort and believe it or not, i have no desire to see you ticketed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

that's it right there, the officer won't give a flying crap about a yahoo email printed out, he has a quota and will probably write the ticket. the rest is up to grow to fight on her own time and money. 

Honestly, does that answer she posted make clear black and white sense to you though? It doesn't to me. That's why I brought up my experience on the illegality of an email from a regulatory agency. It's why OSHA posts their letters of interpretation for all to see. If this response made it to an FAQ on the DEC website that'd be another story. The fact that she threw in some opinion at the end really discredits the officialness of the note. 

nobody has answered my other questions about mz priv. or the 2 hunter comment.

honestly grow. nobody really cares but you. we're not blowing you in, you're lugging 2 weapons into the field not me. It's not my time and effort and believe it or not, i have no desire to see you ticketed. 

Honestly if you sent in an email asking them what they like in their coffee we would be having a similar head scratch over the response. One thing I have seen get worse over the years, is people can't write, and certainly not clearly. lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Honestly if you sent in an email asking them what they like in their coffee we would be having a similar head scratch over the response. One thing I have seen get worse over the years, is people can't write, and certainly not clearly. lol

agreed. that's why i wouldn't be dancing in the endzone with this response. that was all. It's still clear as mud and she thinks it's a slam dunk.

what response would allow me to dance in the endzone?

Dear Mrs. Growalot and Mr. B,

Thank you for your email and question. The DEC is writing in response to your question on the legality of bowhunting for whitetail deer and also possessing a crossbow for turkey hunting at the same time when both seasons are open, but the crossbow deer season is not. We at the DEC interpret this action to be perfectly legal and within regulations and will add it to our FAQ section on our website to help clarify it for other hunters. Thank you for the question and good luck!

but she didn't write that or provide her title did she? lol.

Your right you are blocked but I had HAD to see what stupid comment you would come up with... FYI'' The e-mail sent to me was in response to...I PHONE CONVERSATION that lasted over 40+ mins. Now as I mentioned and your so desperately trying to infer ...I said you'd say I was lying...WOW I'm shocked out of my socks!

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Your right you are blocked but I had HAD to see what stupid comment you would come up with... FYI'' The e-mail sent to me was in response to...I PHONE CONVERSATION that lasted over 40+ mins. Now as I mentioned and your so desperately trying to infer ...I said you'd say I was lying...WOW I'm shocked out of my socks!

Please answer my questions if you're so shocked out of your socks. Then I too will be enlightened. 

Edited by Belo

I'm not a lawyer but to me that email says you're "ok" to carry both. Would a field officer after reading that email change his mind on writing you a ticket? I don't know but I don't put much faith in them. This coming from some who was written a ticket for not having a plug in my shotgun while hunting doves in NC, I was using an over under...

Would it be worth it for me? HELL NO, and not because I'm afraid of the legal BS but because carrying both would be a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That right there is amazing the level of stupidity from a DEC type guy

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

On 10/31/2017 at 10:56 AM, Belo said:

agreed. that's why i wouldn't be dancing in the endzone with this response. that was all. It's still clear as mud and she thinks it's a slam dunk.

what response would allow me to dance in the endzone?

Dear Mrs. Growalot and Mr. B,

Thank you for your email and question. The DEC is writing in response to your question on the legality of bowhunting for whitetail deer and also possessing a crossbow for turkey hunting at the same time when both seasons are open, but the crossbow deer season is not. We at the DEC interpret this action to be perfectly legal and within regulations and will add it to our FAQ section on our website to help clarify it for other hunters. Thank you for the question and good luck!

but she didn't write that or provide her title did she? lol.

yep, that answer right there would have been much better...the other still left me a little unsure, I don't think it even touched on that specific question....but maybe my reading skills are off.

how so? There is no black and white reg and the majority of members on this site think it's not legal. The officer is not the judge. 
Belo,

Please don't tell me you are going to agree with a DEC guy writing a ticket for a guy shooting an over and under because he did not have a plug in it, that us just absurd

2 minutes ago, TACC said:

Belo,

Please don't tell me you are going to agree with a DEC guy writing a ticket for a guy shooting an over and under because he did not have a plug in it, that us just absurd

i thought we were discussing the legality of the crossbow in the woods while deer hunting?