fasteddie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deer Will Be Shot—St. Lawrence County

During the Northern Zone big game season, ECOs

Crosbie and Malone investigated a complaint of feeding

and baiting deer at a hunting camp in Pierrepont.

They found a bait pile near a tree stand and an area

near the camp covered with corn and apples. A large

salt block was also found near the camp. It appeared

to be a perfect setup for the owner to shoot a deer

right from the front door of the camp.

The camp owner’s intentions became apparent when

the ECOs read a sign posted near the feed pile. The

sign read: “Corn and apples are for squirrels and

rabbits only. Deer will be shot!”

The camp owner was charged with violating regulations

against feeding deer, and with placing a salt

block on land inhabited by deer.

The above is off the DEC web sight...Please take note...That he was charged with ...Violating regulations against FEEDING DEER and placing a salt block on lands inhabitated by deer ...Two separate things

ALSO take note NEVER was it mentioned a deer was any where to be seen at the time...bye the way they were called out fro feeding and baiting ...YET...only charges were on the feeding of...hhhmmm

Ya know you have been so hung up on the wording of the law

In New York, it is illegal to feed deer and moose by putting out any material that attracts them to feed....

It never says ANY where that the deer need to be actually FEEDING....just ATTRACTED to FEED....That is the crutch of it so make your jokes about licking the camera  and the other childish comments you made ..it doesn't change the facts...and like I said ...Get on the phone and ask a DEC officer..Ohh by the way yep pouring apple juice on the ground ...causing them to eat the dirt in that spot...illegal...I actually asked that ? of a DEC sergant

DEC has adopted a rule prohibiting the deliberate and intentional  feeding of black bears. The incidental, indirect feeding of black bears  is also unlawful after a written warning has been issued by the DEC.

I posted this because they also mentioned that he has many pics of bear on his cams off other property...now we have bear here...infact DEC routinely tag winter den bear near here....While at a DEC meeting  up the road the officers had to go to a bear complaint a mile away....I just last week tracked a bear thorough the snow from the neighbors in a lrg U around our place and he passed 10-20yrds behind 3 of my cams...not once in front of  them yet this guys getting many pics ...he submits to contests.....hhhmmm ::)

I get lots of bears, no bait, and i have a lot more tracks behind my camera than in front! why are you upset this guy enters contests?? i entered and won a nice treestand from stealth cam a fews years ago.. I think you are obsessed with thinking everyone is doing it illegally. i have over 10 cameras set over 1 squaremile but i get the most in natural funnels on 2-3 cams and over 7 different "trophy buck" at 1 scrape does that mean i am doing something illegal??.                                                                                                                                          And ATTRACTS THEM TO FEED  means they feed (eat or drink) simple english 101... again reading comprehension. the key word "to"(meaning an action)if it was just attract to try to feed, yes every scent would be illegal. yes if the deer eat soil that has juice in it or minerals it is baiting. And the amount of juice to pe poured on the ground to make them eat it would be quite a lot. 1 oz will not do it. And spraying cider in the air they wont feed again not illegal.

Oh so now you decide to throw out an amount of juice used....Oh if your walking around with a shot glass worth of apple juice to attract deer...your better off peeing off your stand ::) ...and no I'm not obsessed with thinking every ones doing things illegal...it's in blk and wht that he put out the scraps...but as I said before you best go ask a DEC officer how the law is interpreted

As for your example of the tickets issued corn and apples are food for deer!!! deer do not need to be present they will eat them!! The Article stated scraps no mention of what they were, so with no futrher information nothing illegal. you keep saying blk n wht but do not read what was written, drawing your own inferences/conclusions of what they are. As for asking a dec officer i am friends with quite a few as they have trapped and tagged turkeys here, and the deer must eat or be know to eat the bait used!!  Again showing them the artice they found nothing wrong with what was written, nothing was stated about what they were,(as one said it may have been left over seafood). An inverstgation can be launched if you wish though.....

Funny how you said earlier ...several times ..... that the deer need to actually have the Scraps in their mouth  and now your saying they don't need to be present...by the way I have relatives that live on lake Ontario ...actually owned a camp ground there...Deer ate the fish that washed up on the shore all the time....protein is protien to them....

I said if they had the scraps in their mouth in reference to the article (to prove that whatever they were the deer would eat them) or standing among them (again referencing the article) again read the context. A pile of corn/ apples are know bait for deer, scraps can be anything(can't jump to conclusions of what they are not enough information) thats why the article is legal not enough information for charges against.(no picture of deer eating or around scraps,more than one camera,ect)

I'm closing out of this now ...I'm just too busy plotting and to be honest...I accomplished what I set out to  do...and more with the wording of the original post...G-man you where just a bonus.. thank you. :D

As for your generous offer to have another sportsman investigated ...no thank you... I'm not into turning ppl in unless I have a personal stake in it...I believe that since the article said he started setting up cams in January ...I would hope that this was an over sight and he re thinks how he attracts wild life....So I'll step back and let you have the last word and what ever parting shot you've worked so hard for...Have a Nice Day :)