What has changed?

borntohunt10820

Day time deer movement seemed way down during bow season as well this year. I can recall years where I'd see mature bucks cruising more and seeing more bucks on the move in general while hunting or driving around.  Something seems off.  I've done 3 dawn to dusk sits at 3 different locations and have yet to see a horn but I am seeing a fair amount of doe/fawns.

3 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Hmm 175 acres if you went a expert opinion let me hunt there for a season and I will tell you what I think . Lol 

Just joking maybe your neighbors have better food on there land so they stay off yours or maybe there is a lot of pouching going on around you . 

I'm building a custom handcrafted log home so if you want to trade labor for hunting , I'm good with that. Poaching has always been bothering me . I have talked to many local Amish and have asked about taking deer out of season. They all said they know of people that do but of course they never would. It bothers me to no end that I  always  hear shooting at all hours of the day. Opening of bow season sounded like opening of gun season. My neighbors are all farming Amish so , yes they have better food and my land is all wooded. I was just hoping for more sightings for my brother ,who came up from Florida to hunt.

I have to admit , that I have never had a break in or any problems with the Amish , they are good neighbors .i have friends that don't lock their doors on their camps because they get broken into so much.

I will be heading to hunt Allegany State Park on Friday, its about 30 min drive  and you can use rifle ,handguns and now allow sunday hunting for half the park.  Everybody enjoy your  family and friends on this Thanksgiving day.

Mark

• Like 1