The future of deer hunting

goosifer

8 hours ago, Rob... said:

You people miss the point! The future of hunting AND the Second Amendment depends on you! They are tied together in case you don't get that!

I have converted around 20 people who thought the AR style rifles were "EVIL", I have converted 10 people who used to think hunting was "Barbaric". I haven't convinced those people to go hunting yet, but I am doing my best!

Most of you bitch and complain about the "Future" of hunting, but you don't do shit to preserve it! Get rallies going! Do something! They have anti-gun and anti-hunting rallies, so hunters and gun owners should do the same!

Motto for deer hunting is "You can't kill a deer from your couch!". Well, you can't save or preserve deer hunting, or hunting in general, or the 2nd Amendment, from your couch either.

Sure, I and many others have tried to turn back the tide of the changing culture. It is similar to banging your head against the wall and just as effective. It has nothing to do with rallies and gatherings or even politics. It has to do with changing the hearts and minds of kids who see nothing "cool" in hunting, and would much rather sit on the couch exercising their thumbs with the latest communications device or game, and who will look at you like you're nuts if you happen to mention anything that has to do with stepping outdoors and wandering around the woods. That is just before they break out laughing in your face and then say, "Oh, were you being serious?"

8 hours ago, Rob... said:

You people miss the point! The future of hunting AND the Second Amendment depends on you! They are tied together in case you don't get that!

I have converted around 20 people who thought the AR style rifles were "EVIL", I have converted 10 people who used to think hunting was "Barbaric". I haven't convinced those people to go hunting yet, but I am doing my best!

Most of you bitch and complain about the "Future" of hunting, but you don't do shit to preserve it! Get rallies going! Do something! They have anti-gun and anti-hunting rallies, so hunters and gun owners should do the same!

Motto for deer hunting is "You can't kill a deer from your couch!". Well, you can't save or preserve deer hunting, or hunting in general, or the 2nd Amendment, from your couch either.

obviously i don't know, but i'd guess that many posting on here have been or are currently a member of some kind of pro 2nd amendment and/or hunting organization.  those usually have some kind of outreach outside of casual day-to-day discussions with others.

• 4 weeks later...