cuttin yer own meat?

Thats a great point Eddie.... I always wondered about that at those butchering places. Processing 10, 20, 30 or more deer a day, who the heck is going to know! Besides the fact you save yourself 60-100 bux, and more then likely get yourself a lot more meat because you take the time to do it right. I personally have never butchered a deer myself, mainly for the reason I just didnt have the place to do it, now that I actually have a place to stay when I hunt other then a tent / camper I can butcher and pack up my meat myself. Luckily I have someone around the block that is going to show me how this year :)

• Like 2

yeah Pat the whole rinsing of the deer is iffy to me then doing it with bleach even if its a small amount is crazy man... ive never rinsed a deer in my life and never had any issues, besides 98% of people meat gets frozen anyway when thrown in the freezer which is way stronger then any other bacterial agnent when it comes to killing bacteria IMO. but if it works for you then it works for you.

• Like 1

I can pass along my experience here.I have been processing venison for over 25 yrs

Making everything from ground,jerky,sausages,corned venison,etc.Got a question I might

have an answer.Oh ya for the skeptic my corned venison is second to none.My jerky is

top notch.All my sausages and brats are 100% natural.The best info I can pass to anyone

is I do the best in the processing business.Heres how it goes 1 deer at a time no lots of

10 which is how all those big time butchers do it you'll never get your deer.Proper field

dressing and cleaning of the deer is very crucial.I have a process for aging meat.Deboned,

double wrapped,clean(not washed off) cant do that and freeze.Ground is mixed with pork

trimmings not fat this is unhealth and causes breakdown and spoilage.I also mix with

special orders for people who have health needs soy,veal,etc.I charge 70.00 oh ya the

big guys lay claim but I have delivered for over 25 yrs I open a package season and straight

to the pan or grill.I can tell you last yrs deer are still in the freezer and ready for consumption.

I just had tri tip steaks and sirlion tips last night.I am working on a facebook page to help

the guys who are out there making hunting happen.I am in the orange,ulster area for those

who wanna know.As far as the big butchers and processors they got nothing on me.I

do this cause i need to do the right thing.Guys are getting ripped off or just plain

getting a lessor product cause most processors are in it for the money.I had a new

client last yr tell me he payed 6.00 a pound for italian sausage and it was blan.I gave

him a pak of my sausage from the previous yr yes the yr before and he was estatic.

Hows that for endurance and yes it was as fresh as when I made it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...