Not sure if I posted this on the sight.

growalot

Last year I made a hunting blind from a shipping crate 5.00 camo tarps and scrap wood...the plexi glass windows cost me the most...total of 43.00 something for the whole thing...Did I mention I don't throw things away ;)

Any how heres the update...It didn't blow away..or tip over...It didn't leak and It never bothered the animals....It stayed pretty comfy in the harsh cold and wind...I'm making another...cut the legs from scrap 4x6 post...it will be 8ft to plat form and the whole thing will be 5x10 foot...the house will be 5x6x6ft with the rest out door deck...this one will have a sliding door instead of a swing open

• 2 months later...

I actually used cardboard for the roof as well....I cut it to over hang 6 in. on all sides....then made an envelope out of tarp and taped up the sides....Here's where  I goofed on design...ONLY..... in that I never made the roof pitch at all...so to remedy that I add pieces of wood to the center brace of roof....lifting it up in the middle......so rain and snow would run off....the next one will have a single 2in drop on one side...the roof never leaked but the over hangs got damp and drooped...so this spring I just took scrap L shaped metal corner molding and nailed it under the drooping over hangs...now they are right as rain......I actually have a clothe covered swivel office chair in it....it doesn't even get damp from general air moisture...I have to say I'm even surprised this idea worked so well :P