Happy Valley Oswego County

edbone

Was wondering if anyone hunts Happy Valley and how do you make out?I have only hunted it once the last three years and didnt see anything.About 15 years ago me and a couple buddies used to hunt it a lot and seen some HUGE does in there.Never saw any bucks but a buddy got a weird 17 pointer

It is only a couple miles from my house. Although I do not deer hunt it, I coyote and coon hunt it. It is full of deer and some really nice bucks. But you gotta get off the beaten path. It has some nice ponds, swamps, hardwoods, rolling knolls. It is a hu nters paradise, but like I said..get off the beaten path.

I have hunted there I go up to hunt snowshoe’s and grouse and have gotten both their use to hunt deer there did get 1 good buck there. Also fished there caught some nice bass but every few years they get a winter kill. Want to try it for ducks and turkeys. Anyone know how it is for ducks and turkeys

Don't listen to these guys....it sucks there,no deer at all,no fish....not even water.You will like it somewhere else.  :D    It's even all posted now,under armed guard.

No...not really. My cabin is a minute or 2 away and I plan on checking it out over the summer. Maybe we will run into each other,who knows.It sure looks good from Bingmaps birdseye view.

I hunted it intensively for many years, and took one of my best bucks out of there. It is big woods hunting. You need to do your homework, and alot of scouting. Hunting pressure is a fraction of what it was when I started there in the late 70s. It has a healthy deer population, but it is widespread. Dont expect open country hunting.