Whats your opinion?

growalot

Theres a Lake in a state park that I drive by....I have noticed over the years more and more and more canoes ...row boats  and flat bottoms being chained to trees all year long up and down the shore line...now this lake has a boat launch...we use it and it also doesn't have all that many places along the shore for a person with out a boat to throw a line in ...it's these places that the clutter of boats is increasing...taking away shore line space....Do you think in a state park a privileged few should be allowed to do this....What if everyone decided to?

They are just chained to trees up and down the shore line where there is easy access....left all year long....even through winter

this wasn't bad before it was a state forest...a few here and there ...but was I unpleasantly surprised today when I drove the shore...there are a lot more now

Lawdwaz.....You mentioned Canadice....well if you know some one with boats there....might tell them to pick them up or loose  them....Know some one in the Rochester water works...from what I understand...DEC has asked them to get the boat situation cleaned up even if they need to scrap them...

Looks like I'm not the only one that noticed boats around a lake....I'm sure it wasn't a problem before...but Hemlock and Candice were never advertised State wide as a State Forrest Destination...Now too many ppl know about NYS 2 pristine additions...got that info today

I was told some kind of notice was put out last year when the deal finalized....I've been searching but I can't find where.....I haven't been down there my self so don't know if any thing was actually posted at the lake it's self...didn't see anything on the DEC web page about removal but found this in the regulations

Boating  - Boats are allowed, but a mechanically propelled vessels must be less  than 17 feet in length, and any motors must be 10HP or less. A  non-mechanically propelled vessel must be less than 24 feet in length.  Do not transport or introduce any aquatic plants or animals into the  water.

See Fishing, above, for areas where boats are prohibited.

Boats may not be stored on this property

• 1 month later...

Got the NY Outdoor news today.....one article headline was this

"Hemlock-Candice sale forces removal of boats from shores"

All boats need to be removed ...they will wait until July to take further action and have a phone # (607) 776 2165 to field any questions regarding the removal.

in the article it states...." Storing boats or any other personal items is prohibited on al New York State Forests."