Shumer shutdown

Don't believe some people will voluntarily give up their rights?  Read on, especially the parts about getting on the list by "accident" and how it's nearly impossible to get off the list.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180202/waivers-of-gun-rights-a-new-shot-at-gun-repression

Let's just keep things simple and prosecute criminals.

And no, the government never shuts down it's anti-gun attacks even when they claim the government is shut down.

I'm hearing from a couple of pistol instructor that they think a good bulk of the people that they are counting as not recertifying are just not from having updated county records. That there are many counties that have a lot of deceased and people that moved out of state on their lists. Of course there are a few that refuse, a few that don't know and a few that don't care but they are saying they bet half of those are just from bad record keeping. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

That there are many counties that have a lot of deceased and people that moved out of state on their lists. Of course there are a few that refuse, a few that don't know and a few that don't care but they are saying they bet half of those are just from bad record keeping. 

What really fries me is the fact that these permits are New York State permits and all the administrative responsibilities are on the counties. My county tax increased by 3.20% for 2018 and I would be willing to bet that the cost to the county(s) to track all these down is going to be phenomenal and will be reflected in our taxes next year.

I know......they can recover their costs by raising the cost of permit fees for renewals to the point where no one will be able to afford them.

Sounds like a plan to me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

let me know when the courts are able to define "friends". 

Friend Law and Legal Definition. A friend refers to a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. No particular degree of intimacy is required in order to show that the person starting the action be considered as the friend of an incompetent person.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

let me know when the courts are able to define "friends". 

So you feel the government should require a NICS check before you can go hunting with your lifelong buddy and lend him your deer rifle?  The people who want to fix NICS want to require that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve D said:

Friend Law and Legal Definition. A friend refers to a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. No particular degree of intimacy is required in order to show that the person starting the action be considered as the friend of an incompetent person.

Hey bubba nice to meet you. Are we friends? cool. come see what i have for sale in my trunk. :cheese:. Not something that should be given a free nics pass.

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

So you feel the government should require a NICS check before you can go hunting with your lifelong buddy and lend him your deer rifle?  The people who want to fix NICS want to require that.

that's a tough scenario right there. Not one I would necessarily sign on for. However, in most states you don't need a nics to go to a gun range and rent firearms. I dont see taking your buddy hunting or shooting in your back yard or range very different. We're talking about the sale and transfer of ownership. 

Edited by Belo

19 hours ago, Belo said:

Hey bubba nice to meet you. Are we friends? cool. come see what i have for sale in my trunk. :cheese:. Not something that should be given a free nics pass.

that's a tough scenario right there. Not one I would necessarily sign on for. However, in most states you don't need a nics to go to a gun range and rent firearms. I dont see taking your buddy hunting or shooting in your back yard or range very different. We're talking about the sale and transfer of ownership. 

Make NICS checks free and watch the amount of people do them, I mean they want to make higher education free so everyone can afford to go and have a 4 year party on my dime why not NICS too. So you think that someone "renting" a firearm in a controlled environment is the same as lending one to a friend indefinitely?

• Like 1