Saw 2 strutting Toms

fasteddie

Saw 2 strutting Toms this morning . I was heading down 590 on my way to Mt Morris . I passed Winton Road and just before I got to where 590 splits off to 390 I saw two Toms strutting in the field north of 590 . There were also several hens in the field . These Toms were real brave and safe where they were at . It was nice to see them out showing off !

That area is loaded with turkey's and deer. They are there everyday / all day. I see them on the way to work and they are still there on the way back. There are also a bunch on the other side of the road in the field with the cell phone towers. Some of those tom's are huge. Been seeing them for years and they are probably the same ones.

Another place with a large flock is 590 at the 104 exit. There is a field on the east side of the exit, always 3-4 toms strutting out there. there is and access road where the town or the county goes in to dump debris. Sometimes they are strutting right up the access road about 30 yards off the expressway. Always drives me nuts during the spring.

A developer owns that land that you are all talking about. It's close to the parks. Those birds have been there for years and years.

The developer has plans to turn the area into two retirement homes, as of last week. He does not let anoyone hunt on it, except his employees.

Quite a few deer in that area as there are the parks and some chunks of developer owned lands.

I once saw a 140 main frame 8 bedded in the small patch of hilly ground (probably owned by DOT) that is surrounded by the interchange between 590/390. It was around 8:00 a.m. and during hunting season (I was on way to work). I almost ran into another car rubber necking. He was bedded and content.