Nova Scotia

Pygmy

The Mermaid and I are considering touring Nova Scotia for a few days this summer...I have traveled through the province on my way back and forth to Newfoundland, but never spent any time exploring it...We prefer  quieter,   off the beaten track type places rather than the commercialized, touristy places...

Anybody have any suggestions about where to go and what to see in Nova Scotia..?...I hope to eat LOTS of seafood while I am there, of course...<<smile>>......

• Like 3

This park is good and easy to walk around at low tide. Plenty of clams to dig should you want to as well. 

http://www.novascotia.com/see-do/outdoor-activities/five-islands-provincial-park/1739

The bay of Fundy Park is good too, I remember golf carts transporting us down to the good stuff. Low tide is key there too. 

I’ll think of more stuff and post it up. 

• Like 1

Wife and I did a New England cruise up the coast and nova scoutia was one of our stops. We didn’t really care for the bay of fundy but we absolutely loved Peggy’s cove. Little fishing town and it was like steeping back in time. 

96984DA9-580C-431A-BB71-0EA4045853F6.jpeg

E6D8EF59-301A-41BA-B79B-FD2246007049.jpeg

6FE9B50A-480A-4F77-BDF8-41BEF6DF19EB.jpeg

• Like 4

NS is Canada's most beautiful province. Peggy's Cove is stunning, and considering it's proximity to Halifax, one of the more unique communities in the province. More tourists than residents though.

I would take a trip up to Cape Breton and drive the Cabot Trail. Think rugged Scottish Highlands, but with lobster. Any side road will take you off the beaten track to a small fishing community like Bay St Lawrence or Meat Cove.

Enjoy.

• Like 1