Squirrel hunting at Rocky Point (Suffolk County)

On 1/30/2018 at 8:01 AM, Borngeechee said:

Has anyone hunted there? I think I'm going to take a ride there next weekend since its only an hour from my house.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Plenty of squirrels here on long island.I haven't hunted rocky point in years but no one really targets squirrels around here. I've been bouncing around the idea of picking up a pellet gun and going. I can double limit out in my backyard lol

Plus there's always a chance of picking off a left over pheasant.My  older brother used to see them on rocky point rd. all the time when he leaved here.

good luck

B78C176E-07BE-4386-A5B4-AB4CFA5F8310.jpeg

Edited by rachunter
  • Like 3

On 1/30/2018 at 8:01 AM, Borngeechee said:

Has anyone hunted there? I think I'm going to take a ride there next weekend since its only an hour from my house.

We deer hunted twice out there in the last week. Saw a bunch of bunnies but few squirrels. We were walking the whole time so that could of been the problem. Watch the ticks. The second day we hunted it got up to 45 degrees and I had about 20 on my pants. 

We deer hunted twice out there in the last week. Saw a bunch of bunnies but few squirrels. We were walking the whole time so that could of been the problem. Watch the ticks. The second day we hunted it got up to 45 degrees and I had about 20 on my pants. 
Wow, that many? Guess I'll be treating my pants,boots, and jacket before I go with permethrin then. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1