Scat Identification?

DSMERIC91

Thanks for all the responses guys, and to think of all the times Ive walked those acres without an ounce of protection, yikes.

Its exciting to know they are there, but scary at the same time. I think im going to set up a game camera and some bait and get a look at these mothers.

Unfortunatly the new law restricts everything having to do with feeding bears. Even if you are feeding birds and a bear comes and gets your bird feeder you can be ticketed for feeding bear...crazy but we live i a state that crazy is becoming the norm... Try dipping the anise oil on a strip of gauze or cloth and hang off the ground 4 feet. less than 1oz of liquid is legal as an attractant..

Well weve got about 100 acres of posted property, so Im not really worried about being ticketed for it too much.

I guess the real reason they wouldnt want you to feed the bears is that it'll possibly attract them more into human locations? I mean this is pretty deep woods away from homes, so I dont really see that happening, but im thinking that is probably the main goal here?

I just want to put something up there that they'll actually attract to and give them some time to get caught on cam with.