Nice out of state guy . HI!

Niceoutofstateguy

On 4/10/2018 at 6:55 AM, fasteddie said:

Joe - Welcome to Hunting NY . Curious ----- what kind of static / crap do you get from the locals ? 

The first few years hunting Ohio we experienced alot of people trespassing onto property that we spent about $35 an acre to lease . Most of there reasoning was they felt like hunting the property was a privilege to them because they had hunted there before. i nicely try to explain that instead of getting mad at us get mad at the coal mine company leasing the land . In new york state a few years ago we leased a peice of property located next to the farm we hunt. shortly after the gentlemen who leased it to us called upset saying that he received a phone call from neighboring property owners that we were shooting deer quartering them and dumping them on someone else property shooting deer from the road . hunting at night etc. 

Now that being said . Do i believe that this happens sometimes . without a doubt unfortunately we live in a world of good and bad. But every year there seems to be an issue . Do i think it has to do with the fact that we are out of state hunters yes. could i be wrong yes. but i can assure you myself as a hunter has the upmost respect for the woods and i never take more then i need . and the amount i enjoy hunting i would never intentionally risk loosing that privilege or creating a bad name for us. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

Welcome Joe! I too am a NR NYS hunter. However, I used to live up there, and my family has land in Steuben (8T). I've never received any BS at all.

On the farm we hunt very rarely is there an issue. when we leased the land it was a whole different story. But i can also assure you although we have had some rough encounters . we have also made some great friends out here