2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If we can win the WS with Sale only winning 1 game the entire postseason, that’s a great sign for this team. Because if he’s healthy in coming years, we have a true chance to win again very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sale with one win and the top of the order hitters doing squat.  They are a young team for the most part.  Resign Evoldi, hopefully get Stephen Wright back, shore up the 'pen, get some insurance for 2nd and 3B.  Presto!

2 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

Nothing wrong with Sale. Everyone has to suck it up with 3 games left in the season.  The NL thing isn’t overblown. How many pop ups from the Red Sox would have been off the Green Monster last night ?

Nothing wrong, but he doesn't make his scheduled start in the World Series?  The Sox rolled at Fenway.  Most of the balls last night weren't pulled, they were to centerfield.  I totally disagree.  

If Sale were healthy you couldn't keep him from pitching. Period.

1 minute ago, Water Rat said:

You Sox fans better hope the Yankees don’t sign Kershaw this winter. 

Kershaw is injured more often than not.  I hope they do sign him.  They will overpay for a pitcher on the downhill slide.  Buehler is way more impressive then Clayton Kershaw at this point.  Besides, he would have to pitch to the DH and that makes all the difference, right?

Just now, Water Rat said:

But he wouldn’t have to hit either. Kershaw could cover the 10 wins the Sox won by. Buehler isn’t a free agent is he ? I’d rather have him also. He’s like 24 years old ?

But Kershaw can hit and is good at it. He wouldn't do well in the AL east.  Buehler is under control for years, but he's actually worth something.  Kershaw is just one step above CC Sabathia, if that.

Good point..... he’s a good hitting pitcher. He does land on the DL often but that’s part of the game. I just think having him on your team makes you that much better. 

But he can’t just add 10 wins to Yanks. Because say he replaces Sabathia who had 9 wins in rotation, that means Kershaw needs 19 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk