Youth ATV

I have a Redcat MPX50 for my daughter. Its a Chinese one, but its tough now days to get one that isnt. Honestly, I woulndt buy a new one for a kid, there are tons of them for sale on Craigslist every day. I would also not buy one online, if you look around locally, you will probably find a bunch of dealers for them. Alot of the side car lots sell them now.

My daughter already has her next one picked out, a Polaris Sportsman 90. I wonder why  ;D

I bought one from these guys: http://www.jerseyatv.com/Welcome.html

$400 2 years ago. lots of problems, but it does run well now if I get it started. It was supposed to be a 70cc, I open up the crate and the motor says 107cc on the block. Apparently when they screw up a 70cc, they just bore it out to a 110. I guess I got a deal.

-It was missing a swing arm bushing. I made my own ;)

- the alarm/remote kill or start system drains the (brand new) battery overnight, everytime and there is no pullstart!

- the rear brakes overheat and lock up frequently.

- I have spent more time tinkering with this thing, than the engine has run. (this is usually because I wait until the last minute to let my son ride it)

- These ATV's are made by any factory in china and imported under multiple brand names (it's all the same s**t)

- Most atv dealers will not work on them.

- the petcock stripped the first day and leaked fuel. Then the carbeurator float got stuck many times, and leaked from the overflow. These are not ethanol friendly. I've had to take the bowl of many times and free the float.

There's many websites that sell parts for them. Its just tough getting the right part for your exact quad. Many are the same with a different name and decals. After I actually take the time to dismantle the alarm thing, I do believe it will be less stressfull. It's all worth when I see my kid smile. Good Luck.

post-10-131455448718_thumb.jpg