Free for pickup

I have some old aluminum arrows in my basement ---free to anyone that wants to stop by in Ontario and pick them up .

They need to be re-fletched

XX78 2219 (4) 30"

Easton Game Getters 2117 (3) 30 1/2"

Camo Magnum 2117 (2) 28 1/4"

Easton XX75 2413 (1) 28 1/2"

The 2413 looks like a log !  ;D

• 4 months later...

anyone have picture of these orange arrows? would love to see them.

I just checked my basement, I'm all out of them. Probably used them all for paint stirs and tomato stakes!

I know a couple guys who still have them and used them in the past 5 years. I could get a picture but it would entail a hour out of my already hideously busy day and that in turn would cut into my English language studies, and that ain't gonna happen! >grin<

Edited by Lawdwaz

anyone have picture of these orange arrows? would love to see them.

post-11-0-56101600-1317925455_thumb.jpgpost-11-0-63490900-1317925492_thumb.jpg

I still have a few of them, and they're still killing deer and going into the bulls-eye fairly regularly. By the way, I have never lost one of them. And yes there are a bunch of gamegetters in that pile too. They have done their share of putting deer down as well. Oh, and by the way, that color means nothing to a deer. It simply assists in finding the arrow. Maybe that's why they used that color (I don't know). However, my motto is "When something ain't broke, it's probably a good idea not to fix it"......lol.

Nice job, Doc!

Those shafts are soooo easy to spot in late October amongst the pretty yellow & orange leaves!!

I don't really miss them although they were a great shooting shaft. I used to tip mine with Razorbak 5's mostly, when shot out of the compound.

Sheesh Doc , looks like you bought out the store when they went out of style ! B)

Some of those arrows are tournament style that I don't get to shoot anymore. And of course not all of them are the same size. It seems like everytime I got a new bow, it required a different sized arrow. And of course I would buy shafting by the dozen. Fortunately a lot of the bows that I bought over the years used 2117's so I now have a lifetime supply of arrows and will never be buying another arrow. Looking at the prices that they're getting these days for a dozen arrows, I am glad of that fact.

Actually all of these arrows were bought at pretty low prices along with all the other little archery trinkets. There was a big bow shop that was going out of business over by Holcomb, and he had some huge bargains going on. Also, back in the day, there was a mail order outfit called Bowhunter Discount Warehouse that had some great prices on archery stuff, so I was always well stocked with everything. I bought the components and put them together myself so the cost was very low. I also bought pro-fletch vanes by the hundreds, so I became the guy everyone would go to to get arrows built or repaired. One thing I did find out was that the prices never did get any cheaper. By today's standards, these arrows were practically free. And they're still killing deer. I haven't bought an arrow in years. You should see my wall of bows and my drawers full of gadgets and gimmicks ^_^. In recent years (decades) archery has become a very cheap activity.

But I did my time with the wild spending stuff....lol. That's why when everybody gets all hyped up about buying every new trinket that comes on the market, I can absolutely sympathize with all that. I went through that phase too.....big-time.