Summer to fall has started

Robhuntandfish

I have not had my fill of summer yet. It all goes way too fast. Yeah, there will be a very quick blip of hunting season and then winter sets in in earnest with the slipping and sliding and cars that are only half under control. And I have a 1000' driveway that has to be cleared if I want to go anywhere but inside the house. Then too there is the walking around like the Michelin Man with way more clothing than what is comfortable. Wallowing around in a couple feet of snow is not my idea of a good time....lol.

No, I am not in any hurry to see summer over with. I'll enjoy the hunting, but unfortunately it is the preview to the most ugly and seemingly unending time of the year.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 1

Got last tree stand done today.  So all is a go for Oct and it's free fishing time til then.   
Rob, I'm glad I'm not the only one out there working on stands and preparing for hunting season! I've been killing myself the last few weekends moving and trimming stands. I have 8 stands done now. If the mood strikes, I might put up a couple of blinds and brush them in...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I spent 21 hours in the woods in the last 2 days hanging 14 stands.  Good news is I'm done in the woods till hunting season other than checking deer cams.  I'm beat, but feels good to be ready for oct 1.
NICE!!! Talk about a sense of accomplishment! I feel the pain too!! LOL Nothing that advil, healing time, and a few cold beers can't cure though!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1