How big is this bear?

First-light

I

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I'm no bear expert, but I've seen a few....Looks like Boo-Boo  rather than Yogi.... I'd say no more than 125 dressed... Probably less...

If we are comparing his body size to the size of the bow lying on top of him, I'd say the bear is no bigger than a cub. Modern compound bows are relatively short from axle to axle, and the bow almost looks longer than the whole bear.  If he were a bear 2 or 3 years old he'd look more lanky and not as chubby as this one.  That is why I think the bear is really no older than a cub.

the old saying " i just have to be faster than you"  but I'm always the slow guy......  So theres no running away, cause no sense in getting winded before the fight starts.    I got a better chance if i just stay there and wait for it!  lol 

but you got this critter!  a suplex and an elbow off the top rope and he is toast!  

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

With my left knee, I can't run from anything.  I would have to accept certain death at the paws of a cub - embarrassing ain't it!

5 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

the old saying " i just have to be faster than you"  but I'm always the slow guy......  So theres no running away, cause no sense in getting winded before the fight starts.    I got a better chance if i just stay there and wait for it!  lol 

but you got this critter!  a suplex and an elbow off the top rope and he is toast!  

Ha - death by 1000 nibbles

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

With my left knee, I can't run from anything.  I would have to accept certain death at the paws of a cub - embarrassing ain't it!

When I enter the woods after eating my usual morning breakfast of Tim Horton or Dunkin donuts I don't wipe my mouth clean.  So if a bear attacks maybe he'll just want to lick the jelly off my face and then move on.  I'm even thinking of carrying an extra donut in my pocket for added insurance.   LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve863 said:

When I enter the woods after eating my usual morning breakfast of Tim Horton or Dunkin donuts I don't wipe my mouth clean.  So if a bear attacks maybe he'll just want to lick the jelly off my face and then move on.  I'm even thinking of carrying an extra donut in my pocket for added insurance.   LOL

might want to be careful..... ive been known to knock people down for a donut myself!  

also helpful if you get caught speeding too!

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Haha 1