Very true!

Buckmaster7600

2 hours ago, wfmiller said:

I hate to be the one to say it, but God or Jesus had nothing to do with the fish starting to bite. As someone that fishes for pike all the time for the last 40 years I can tell you that is classic pike fishing. You won't catch nothing all day long and then all of a sudden...bang! The next hour you catch a bunch, and then it's done again just as fast. Oh yeah, lets not forget about the front that came through changing the nice weather into not so nice weather.

But in the end, if you need to think it was God or Jesus or whoever else that got you those fish then go ahead, to each his own. 

I am 53, and caught my first pike at 10, so I got you by a few years on that.   Also, if this were just a single isolated event, your argument might make a little more sense (very little because the Bible says that Jesus Christ does indeed control the fate of all living things  - anyone with a smart-phone can quickly verify that).   Do you expect us to believe that you are right and the Bible is wrong ?  If so, then please tell us the credentials with which you dispute what is believed by an estimated 75 % of American's today ?    I don't know the fate of those 15 pike, because we let them all go.   It was not that long ago, so some may still be swimming.   The (3) bass were blessed with the happy trip to "fish-heaven" however.

The fact is,  this type of thing has happened repeatedly and no "once" living things have demonstrated it more clearly to me than the whitetail deer.   I can't think of one that I killed and/or that my family got to eat, over at least the last 10 years, that did not have Jesus's fingerprints all over it.   I will always give credit where credit is due, for surely I ain't that good of a hunter on my own.   I will take a shot at a deer if I am 90 % certain of making a recoverable kill.  That means that 10 percent should have been lost, yet none were over over that stretch, and very seldom have we been forced to the grocery store for meat.    I freely admit to some struggles in my early years, before I made that "Jesus" connection.  Those struggles went away in all things (not just hunting and fishing) after I figured it out.  I sincerely hope that you, and the other semi-clueless 25 % figures it out also.    

p.s, Thank you Jesus for putting me on the top of the list on page 2.   

Edited by wolc123
Page 2 thanks

1 minute ago, Rob... said:

Question, you "caught" or killed your first spike at age 10?

"Pike" not "spike".    I must have been about 20 when I killed my first legal "spike" whitetail.  I still remember that one pretty clearly.  I did not see the horns until I walked up to the carcass.  The 1-1/2 power scope on my old Ithaca pump seems to make them look smaller.  Fortunately, I still had my buck tag.   I was 17 when I killed my first deer (a button buck naturally) down in Allegheny state park while hunting with my uncle and father.   

3 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

"Pike" not "spike".    I must have been about 20 when I killed my first legal "spike" whitetail.  I still remember that one pretty clearly.  I did not see the horns until I walked up to the carcass.  The 1-1/2 power scope on my old Ithaca pump seems to make them look smaller.  Fortunately, I still had my buck tag.   I was 17 when I killed my first deer (a button buck naturally) down in Allegheny state park while hunting with my uncle and father.   

LOL! My bad, sorry. Didn't have my glasses on. I apologize for not seeing it right.

3 minutes ago, Rob... said:

LOL! My bad, sorry. Didn't have my glasses on. I apologize for not seeing it right.

No problem Rob, Lord knows I still make a lot of mistakes myself.    Even way back then when I killed my first deer (when I was quite clueless myself) Jesus must have been helping me out.   There were two twins running full tilt down a hill in the park, thru the woods.   I aimed and shot when they reached an opening about 50 yards away.   One of them folded up at my shot, struck clean thru the shoulder blades.  It might not have been the one I was aiming at.     

6 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

That means that this thread is (2) pages long and my post is now the first one on the second page.   I did not know that at the time of the original post, hence the "edit".   

Oh, I got that part of your statement, but do not understand the relevance for thanking Jesus for it.  Why?  What is so significant about where a post falls in an online thread?  Anyone who hits "Submit Reply" enough times will hit the top of a page sometime.  Spammers do it all the time! It's a non-event. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jdubs said:

Oh, I got that part of your statement, but do not understand the relevance for thanking Jesus for it.  Why?  What is so significant about where a post falls in an online thread?  Anyone who hits "Submit Reply" enough times will hit the top of a page sometime.  Spammers do it all the time! It's a non-event. 

We have a couple on this site that are more concerned about being popular then they care about the context/content of what they post.

• Like 2