Saving money with a used bow

Rattler

My tip on this, and I bought a lot of used bows - if buying on AT (great place for deals, especially post season) check the sellers feedback and ask for close up photos to be texted to you.  I have never had a bad deal on AT but I won't deal with sellers with no feedback or that are not responsive when I request photos or information.  But this only works for those that know what they want and need.  And I only pay by paypal (not friends and family) unless its someone I have dealt with often.  There are a few people that I have dealt with often that I will send a bow before receiving payment and vice versa.

• Like 1

My tip on this, and I bought a lot of used bows - if buying on AT (great place for deals, especially post season) check the sellers feedback and ask for close up photos to be texted to you.  I have never had a bad deal on AT but I won't deal with sellers with no feedback or that are not responsive when I request photos or information.  But this only works for those that know what they want and need.  And I only pay by paypal (not friends and family) unless its someone I have dealt with often.  There are a few people that I have dealt with often that I will send a bow before receiving payment and vice versa.

Same. I’ve bought at least six used bows on AT and all have been near perfect. The one I gave TF I had the seller send to Crackers in Missouri for strings and cables and then he sent it to me. The rest have come to me in excellent condition and close to half the price. All under two years old. I can say with confidence I will never buy a new compound bow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I'd never buy a new bow.There's a lot of good ones that get sold for cheap.Some guys have to have the latest  others buy a good one then decide hunting isn't for them.I bought mine new in 2011 and it was discontinued in 2012, It still shoots great I also had my second bow for 20+ years and only sold it because of my bad wrists.