sprayer advice

I came across this sprayer yesterday and the guy is asking $650 for it. That seems high to me. What do you guys think?  It hasn't been used in 10 years, but was used yearly until the farmer went to a nursing home. The pump has been sitting in an oil bath since.

IMG00146-20110625-0931.jpg

Sprayers that have sit for an extended period of time can be quite a bit of work to get up and running. If the unit has not been cleaned properly after it's last use, white residue forms on the inside of the plumbing causing alot of plugging on start up. Remove some select orfices and inspect the screens  for this condition. Also, it depends what chemical has been used in the tank. Fall out from exsisting chemical residue can affect some crops you intent to spray. Sounds like a fair price if pump and boom controller and in working order, assuming that the booms are on the back. Their is a good source of information on the tractorsbynet.com web site.

Yes, it's a pto pump. I just got off the phone with the guy and he said it's never been stored outside. His Dad had it since it was new. I offered him $350, but he came back with $500. He said it's been out there for a week and a half, if it's still there in a week I can have it for $450. Now I'm wondering if I'm crazy to risk losing it over $50?

Seroiusly 500$ your nuts if you don't take it the boom alone ..i'm guessing is a 30' fold up... the rig new is over 1500$.. tips are about 5$ apiece for flood jets... man i'd kill for a rig like that i have to borrow my buddies.....