Where would you look for deer on this map ?

Hunter007

22 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

I couldnt plan my trip from the given info. 

Where is north/ south? ( I am not going to guess that the top of the pic is north)

What type of trees are there where? where are the access areas? If I couldn't locate mast trees/ cleared areas, burnt over areas, new growth, potential active feeding areas, I would head elsewhere. This is homework that should have been done well before this stage. 

Where might any activity in the area come from? 

Would like to but Not practical as that place is 5 plus hours  from me . 

Post to be one of the most remote spots up there .

And that is why I want to go .

Edited by Storm914

Not sure I would hunt any of those areas, looks like a lot of open land. Big bucks in the Dacks tend to stay in the thick stuff, that's why they get old. That's just my opinion.

You may be better off trying Mallet Pond or Burnt-Rossman Hills. Less of a drive, and if you get back-in off the trails they both have the 'feel' of the lower Dacks somewhat, fairly remote, but you will have a better chance at knocking down a decent buck. 

9e8ef9619c55c5e0d1d2319b7aa85319.png

If I was approaching from the X I would work that funnel between the two ponds and then decide between 2and 3 depending on what I felt that day. I never go at these things with a plan I just go by what I feel when I get there. My old man Is who I learned to hunt big woods from and he always told me he decided where to be from feeling a draw on his nuts. I don’t know if I feel a draw on my nuts yet but I definitely have something working that tells me where to go and I have learned to trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

9e8ef9619c55c5e0d1d2319b7aa85319.png

If I was approaching from the X I would work that funnel between the two ponds and then decide between 2and 3 depending on what I felt that day. I never go at these things with a plan I just go by what I feel when I get there. My old man Is who I learned to hunt big woods from and he always told me he decided where to be from feeling a draw on his nuts. I don’t know if I feel a draw on my nuts yet but I definitely have something working that tells me where to go and I have learned to trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I think I  know what your father was talking about almost like Sixth Sense