He was spying on us tonight

growalot

He is a nice looking buck i would say 2 1/2 maybe 3 year old and based on what I see with rough 3"s I would put him in the 105-115 range.  He may put on some more mass and a bit more growth I don't think he is done yet we still have 2-3 weeks of prime growing time. I don't know what your management is or what the ground hold but he is a great deer to let walk and hope makes it another season he could be a P&Y stud next year.  Nice pics bud

Mam... :D ...Ahh I wish he could make it but not here for sure.....We are elbo to elbow in both bow and shot gun...and if he doesn't change his ways soon being a day time roamer he's sure to hit the dirt...ever 6pt I passed on during archery ...was shot during gun season :(

Mam... :) ...Ahh I wish he could make it but not here for sure.....We are elbo to elbow in both bow and shot gun...and if he doesn't change his ways soon being a day time roamer he's sure to hit the dirt...ever 6pt I passed on during archery ...was shot during gun season :(

Its unfortunate that all young deer are shot, but you are still very fortunate to see a buck like that hanging around. Hes a shooter in my book, hard to pass that up. Good luck.

Mam... ;) ...Ahh I wish he could make it but not here for sure.....We are elbo to elbow in both bow and shot gun...and if he doesn't change his ways soon being a day time roamer he's sure to hit the dirt...ever 6pt I passed on during archery ...was shot during gun season :(

Its unfortunate that all young deer are shot, but you are still very fortunate to see a buck like that hanging around. Hes a shooter in my book, hard to pass that up. Good luck.

Not that I'm trying to push QDM you should take whatever buck you are happy with at the end of the day but the statement that every deer you pass up gets shot or the gun pressure etc. takes its toll can't be all true unless you have the mega genetics and super minerals to have 100-115"  1 1/2 year olds. Somehow, someway, you have bucks that make it through or you wouldn't even have 6'rs.  That buck has found some way to make it to a age where he is a decent buck there is a good chance he could make it another season. I'm not trying to talk you out of harvesting a great deer just giving you the glass half full vs half empty point of view.  I have hunted pressured properties many times and been able to harvest mature deer where others have not that have had the if I let it go Joe Blow on the next property will pop it mentallity. I can assure you get lucky once but consistancy is not luck it's a fact adn leting him go so he can grow does pay off, you may not get that buck but it does put you in the woods when a rogue buig boy strolls through because once you are tagged out you won't be in the woods when other are not.  One thing is for sure the minute you pull the trigger that deer for sure has grown as big as he is going too.  That being said he is a geat looking buck hopefully you have the oppertunity to harvest him I look forward to seeing you hard horn pics this fall!  Good luck bud.

Thanks ...and actually it is true that every six I passed was shot during gun..well the neighbor found one dead on her place and thinks it was a bow kill....I make sure I talk to ppl around me...the thing is I know that he either dispersed here from else where during the year and or as soon as Sept rolls around he'll move on to another area....these are things I know from being out in the woods on a daily basis and hunting pretty much every day until mid Dec every year....the best I can hope for is the ppl a couple miles away are letting them walk to make it to our place this year...of all my neighbors only one won't shoot any thing that walks and also has an absolute NO doe killing policy...every one else if it's a running deer they either shoot AT it or drop it...from the # of mercy kills...I save my doe tags for and the skeletons I find...either way they are dead deer...It is what it is when you live in a high hunter density area...which is why we just keep buying up land around us...Started out with 9 1/2... 16 years ago and have 73 now...This general area has always...way before we moved here......been a problem area....ppl absolutly lose the brains once hunting season rolls around and having lrg spread out parcels it also brings in the road hunters....spotters....road sitters...ect...The number of ppl that pull in looking to see what vehicles are here is crazy...We have a company and my two vehicals and come Sept we hide one just to keep them off balance...chased a couple of..."drop offs" through our woods...thinking I was gone...now I hunt using two weapons ...one being a camera with a great zoom lens...It just is what it is..

But to better things...Yes I am hopeful to get the "hardened off" pic...then I will have pics of an entire growing season for this deer...I plan on having them framed as a group....that's a trophy for me ;) ...I've never had a rack mounted...it would have to be a crazy great deer for me to do that ...but cross your fingers ...perhaps a bear rug soon 8)