So how was your season?

nybuckboy

How did your bow season go?  

I have to say,  I saw all three good bucks I had on camera at one time or another but other than the wide 8 that just appeared on a wet windy day and offered no shot by the time I reacted, I never had a single buck inside bow range in NY this season.  I had a few doe I could have dropped.  

Mine was pretty good,saw decent bucks as well without getting a shot. Best thing was stumbling on a bruiser 30yds off when still hunting,worst was loosing a high shoulder shot doe.

I feel like i learned more,and the deer are sure in a different pattern here in 4F than the last couple of years. No apples or acorns changed their hang outs a lot...

I love hunting from the ground,but it not easy to get a shot. I blew a stalk on a bedded buck i saw from 75 yds away when i got to 30. My heart was pounding though.

I am already looking forward to next year with all new bow and i am going for lighted nocks as well. I have a hard time seeng my arrow hit and dont like that.

22 hours ago, Steve D said:

Not to good so far but I will get back to you when I am sure it is over.:(

Well I guess it is over (for now). In summary I would have to say it was pretty lousy. Not because of no harvest but simply because it was just not a typical fall season. With three days in October being in the 70's & 80's and with all the rainy, windy & cold days it just didn't seem like bow season and  was unable to get out as much as I would have liked.

For comparison:

In 2017 I saw a total of 75 deer vs 65 in 2018

2017 Bucks with some real nice ones were 23 vs 8 in 2018 and nothing was spectacular.

2017 does seen were 28 vs 43 in 2018

2017 unknown sex but seen were 24 vs 14 in 2018

2017 Total hours hunted were 52 hours vs 45 in 2018

All in all I was thankful to get out and enjoyed the time I was able to spend but on a scale of 1-10 I would rate this bow season as a 2.