WNY comes to Region 3 - - Meetup

BizCT

5 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Don’t think I’ve worn socks more then a few hours, since Feb 1st .

Have fun tonight .

507F013A-DBF7-4D4F-92FE-6FCE096D5C8A.jpeg

You knees and shin is unreasonably clean, it's scary.  Mines filled with old scars and bruises.  Something's not right.

Is this guy also the tax assessor for your property?  I am seeing a bit of a trend here.

I agree. $75-$150/hour depending on if you have 2 guys or 1 coming to work. But $500/hour for labor for a plumber is nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

And knee pads

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

And knee pads

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Actually  really wasn't trying that hard  to insult you  buddy.

You know psychologists say that a nickname subconsciously can represent what a person likes to do hmm interesting you picked jerkman :)

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

You obviously Never spent time in lower weschester  .

One of the most expensive places to live in the country. 

Average property tax rate for Webster NY is 3.1% vs 1.9% for Westchester.  For vacant land, those rates will drop significantly.   My neighbor where my hunting property is located pays a little over $200k/yr for property taxes and owns over 7,000 acres, as a point of reference. 

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Average property tax rate for Webster NY is 3.1% vs 1.9% for Westchester.  For vacant land, those rates will drop significantly.   My neighbor where my hunting property is located pays a little over $200k/yr for property taxes and owns over 7,000 acres, as a point of reference. 

Well  hypothetically speaking if someone has   properties  more then one and some is commercial without getting into details s*** adds up .

And it's not farm land in the sticks 

Edited by Storm914

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Well  hypothetically speaking if someone has   properties  more then one and some is commercial without getting into details s*** adds up .

And it's not farm land in the sticks 

Sure can - if you own property worth $2.5mm down there, taxes will be around $50k/yr.  Hypothetically speaking.

1 minute ago, Storm914 said:

That is about right more or less , market fluctuates .

Sounds about right hypothetically speaking of course . 

Gotcha - I thought when you referenced that number, it was hunting property.   Around here, a house in the S1mm range, which is an extremely nice home by any standard, runs about $30k/yr in taxes.

• Haha 1

Westchester County is massive. You have some not so safe areas with bad public schools, where housing is insanely cheap and so are the taxes. School taxes are what drive the taxes up. In a good school district, a modest 2Ksqft house will have taxes between 13-20K annually. Some towns are just on another level. Scarsdale, for example, will cost you $900K easy and its probably an outdated fixer upper and $20K taxes.

Vacant land-wise, for reference, you can be looking a millions of dollars for just 15 acres if it’s considered buildable land

Overall Westchester has probably had the highest average property tax bill for many many years in a row. I believe it was $17K in 2018. All of the top 10 surround nyc, then it goes to California next.

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Overall Westchester has probably had the highest average property tax bill for many many years in a row. I believe it was $17K in 2018. All of the top 10 surround nyc, then it goes to California next.

in in Greenwich  ct right next door for the same amount of tax  the houses  are much bigger with more land . 

They really give you the shaft in this state . Especially near the city any place nice .

• Like 1

in in Greenwich  ct right next door for the same amount of tax  the houses  are much bigger with more land . 

They really give you the shaft in this state . Especially near the city any place nice .

Yes much cheaper but are the public schools the same quality? I don’t think so. Westchester has many of the best public school systems in America. You get what you pay for. School taxes are the bigger portion, not property of the overall

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yes much cheaper but are the public schools the same quality? I don’t think so. Westchester has many of the best public school systems in America. You get what you pay for. School taxes are the bigger portion, not property of the overall

I do believe Greenwich Connecticut is equal in schools to Westchester .