New ruger

silent death

7 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Fun gun I had a 223 back in the 80s... mine had bayonet lights flash suppressor  30 rd mags and folding stock ... should never have sold it

Yeah cant have none of the fun shit anymore in ny..I only got 2 five rd mags with the gun not even a 10rd mag.. wasnt to mad about it because it included the scope rings inside the box which the salesman didnt even know wer in there till he opened the box to get the numbers off the gun lol

Edited by silent death

4 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Yup it is what it until next election cycle .. hope 

We can only hope we get some pro gun leader but I fear they are always pushed to the dark side ....I know alot of people who are buying semi autos because of some of these new Bill's bein introduced 

Edited by silent death

I've had a love/hate relationship with mine. The biggest problem that I ran into was ammo... very inconsistent. Tula, federal, wolf, Winchester, all had very different zeros, velocity, and terminal ballistcs.. more temperamental then anything else I own.. once I started loading for it things came around very quickly and its evident the gun likes what it likes.. run a 150 grain nosler ballistic tip in front of a heavy load of reloader 7 and it will clove leaf at 100 yards all day long... but the velocity it slow, well below the recommended speed nosler recommends for that bullet and it shows (2 deer with good hits that were tracked for miles with an exit wound the same size as the entrance). On the advice of a local gunsmith the next group I loaded was a 123 grain (308 dia) speer varmint grenade with a full load of accuracy 1680... would hold 1 1/2" at 100 yards, cronographed at 2100 fps, right in the sweet spot for the bullet..(2 deer down no tracking) the gun was a huge headache at first, now I wouldn't trade it. It is second only to my ruger carbine (think 10/22 but in a 44mag) for my go to deer gun. Nice but enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, tuckersdaddy said:

I've had a love/hate relationship with mine. The biggest problem that I ran into was ammo... very inconsistent. Tula, federal, wolf, Winchester, all had very different zeros, velocity, and terminal ballistcs.. more temperamental then anything else I own.. once I started loading for it things came around very quickly and its evident the gun likes what it likes.. run a 150 grain nosler ballistic tip in front of a heavy load of reloader 7 and it will clove leaf at 100 yards all day long... but the velocity it slow, well below the recommended speed nosler recommends for that bullet and it shows (2 deer with good hits that were tracked for miles with an exit wound the same size as the entrance). On the advice of a local gunsmith the next group I loaded was a 123 grain (308 dia) speer varmint grenade with a full load of accuracy 1680... would hold 1 1/2" at 100 yards, cronographed at 2100 fps, right in the sweet spot for the bullet..(2 deer down no tracking) the gun was a huge headache at first, now I wouldn't trade it. It is second only to my ruger carbine (think 10/22 but in a 44mag) for my go to deer gun. Nice but enjoy it!

123gr sst brass cased hornady black is what I got for it ran 60 rounds through it today no issues held 2 inch group out to 140 yards not bad for a gun that isn't broke in yet ..

Edited by silent death

11 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

Thats one gun I always wanted the Ruger 44mag   and never found one for a fair price...I do have a Marlin 44mag lever gun that I love...

I've looked for one of the 44mags to but ruger stopped production of the pc4 I believe in 96 and those rifles still are priced high to this day I've seen them on gun broker as high as 850$ used... I already have the new pc9 and it's a fun rifle for plinking ammo is cheap to 

123gr sst brass cased hornady black is what I got for it ran 60 rounds through it today no issues held 2 inch group out to 140 yards not bad for a gun that isn't broke in yet ..
Operation has never been an issue.. the action will eat everything.. 2in on factory ammo is pretty good! Never ran the hornady you may have found a good one!

• Like 1

last one I saw was about the same price...the price on those really went thru the roof...
Mine is a late '60s tube feed.. bought it from a pawn broker off of gun broker.. it was almost a 2yr process following alot of auctions until I got one priced where I thought it should be.. the carbine is not a tack driver by any means but its accurate enough, and the results are absolutely devastating. Deer fall down on the spot..period... even with less then perfect shots. Its short compact design makes it an absolute joy to carry in the woods. Only downfall is 75 to 100 yards max. But that's where most deer are shot so it fills the bill well!

• Like 1