Coyotes are innocent, but babies are not?

https://nyassembly.gov/mem/Linda-B-Rosenthal/story/84420

This mass slaughter, which last year resulted in the needless death of more than 600 innocent animals, must end,” said Assembly member Linda B. Rosenthal.

Coyotes are innocent animals?  They kill livestock and pets.  Not so innocent.

https://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/roe-v-wade-state-legislature-1.26286007

In 2016, there were 82,189 abortions statewide

That’s about 100 times more murders by scalpel than by firearms in homicides!

https://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&leg_video=&bn=A01748&term=2017&Summary=Y&Actions=Y&Text=Y

Assembly Bill A01748 is known as the Reproductive Health Act (Legalized abortion of infants) was co-sponsored Assembly member Rosenthal.

So she apparently finds the murder of 82,189 infants acceptable, but as she said “the needless death of more than 600 innocent animals, must end,”?

• Like 2

Animal Rights activists can often be easily identified because they love animals, and hate people.

I wonder if she would protest a NYC rat hunting contest with a huge cash prize awarded to the person who kills the largest rat?

I've already found three coyote killed deer carcasses on my land this season.  There were hundreds of coyote tracks in the snow around the carcasses.  In the spring, yotes will target newly dropped fawns and the yote hunting season will be closed.

These contests are simply a yote management tool.  They help keep yote numbers in check.  I think the NY DEC is obligated to call this woman out on her clueless emotionalism, but alas, they never seem to step up when this type of thing occurs.

• Like 2

She represents the part of NY city that is adjacent to central park.   There might be a few coyotes living there.   Maybe one will snatch her poodle some day and she will change her tune.   As far as the baby-killing goes, her time for that is short.  With a solid conservative majority now on the Supreme Court and RBG on her last leg, it won't be long until Roe vs Wade is overturned.  After that happens, the only way NY will be able to keep up the "abortions on demand" would be to succeed from the Union, and that ain't happening.   

Edited by wolc123

If I'm not mistaken, if Roe v. Wade is reversed, it simply puts the abortion issue back into the hands of the states.  That being the case, NY will still be killing babies.  This was the reason for the most recent abortion law passed in NY.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Rattler said:

If I'm not mistaken, if Roe v. Wade is reversed, it simply puts the abortion issue back into the hands of the states.  That being the case, NY will still be killing babies.  This was the reason for the most recent abortion law passed in NY.

I think it comes down to the definition of new life starting at conception rather than at birth.   The overturn or Roe v. Wade would make abortion murder, and that is a Federal crime.   Science and Religion have always agreed that new life begins at conception.   It will be good when this gets straightened out at the Federal level.   NY politics are clearly a lost cause with so much misguided representation from downstate.   

The new movie Planned Parenthood was given an "R" rating because it was somehow considered too violent and offensive for people under the age of 18 to see alone. So, a 16 year old girl can get an abortion without parental consent , but if she wants to see a movie about the reality of abortion she has to have parental consent? The liberal disconnect on this is just astounding and shameful. Who the heck thinks like this?

• Like 1