Looks like a new bow is coming soon...

WNYBuckHunter

So I kinda fell into a little extra cash and decided to finally put my PSE away and get into something new this year. I am debating between the Hoyt Maxxis 31 and the Maxxis 35. I have shot the 31, and like it alot, but I want to stop by the bow shop and shoot another 31 and a 35 just to be able to decide which one Im going to get. They both have the same brace height, but the 31 is 5 or 6 fps faster, and with the ATA being shorter, easier to carry through the woods. The 35 on the other hand, is supposed to be alot more stable because of the longer ATA. I have seen properly tuned 35s shoot 298fps in a hunting config with broadheads, and 31s shoot just over 300fps setup for hunting, so its not that big of a difference. Im also going to get a different quiver, as my Treelimb quiver works great with mechanical BHs, but not so well with fixed blade, which is what I am going back to. The last 2 I have killed with a bow have been with Crimson Talon XTs, and they work great. I just dont trust mechanicals. I am going to put the rest, sight and stabilizer from my PSE on the new one. I may keep the PSE for backup, or I may choose to sell it. Who knows.

Congrads!.. one of the toughest things is deciding on two bows from same manufacturer. Ive got my sights set on a  bowtech assassin, it took me weeks to make the decision, still need to do a shot comparison with the invasion. hopefully the extra cash fairy hits my bank soonto help things along ;D .

I just checked their site, and they actually offer Predator 3D Deception now. I emailed them to see if they could do what I want, which is Green Deception on the riser and limbs, and black on the roller guard and string stop. I also want to keep the limbs looking kinda like they do from the factory, where you can see the layers on the edges. We will see if they can get it done for me.

I emailed Tarjac about doing the bow in Predator Green Deception, and they can do it for me. I am going to get the string stop done black, the riser and limbs in the Predator. They are going to mask off the edges of the limbs so you can still see the layers, just like it came from the factory. The stabilizer, sight, rest, limb pockets and cams will stay black. I think its going to look good.

I am also talking to a guy on AT about making a new grip out of deer antler, then its getting a Team Hoyt removable quiver and a Stokerized stabilizer.

I dropped it off at the shop today to get tuned and have the module for the draw length changed. He was hoping to get it back to me tomorrow so I can shoot this weekend.