Deer population - Is it growing or is it over hunted?

TheHunter

There are fewer does in 4P and fewer permits than 5 or 6 years ago.  There seems to be about the same number of buck though and seems more bigger buck too.

But maybe I just see more now that they have to move more to get to the fewer does in the area now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw close to 60 deer tonight . There was at least 15 in a field across from my son's house , over 30 in a cut hay field about 1/4 mile down the road and over 12 in a field on Quaker Meeting House Road in Honeoye Falls . It was light enough to see the deer in a couple fields but the video camera wouldn't focus in on the deer .

But Fasteddie ...I use to drive that to go to work years ago in Macedon...It was getting pretty populated then...you add the yuppy factor and the 500ft rule...and aren't there a bunch of golf courses in they area?.....ppl that have horse farms ...and those # are  way off balance when considering a huntable herd.....there are some pretty big private no go zones there isn't there?

But Fasteddie ...I use to drive that to go to work years ago in Macedon...It was getting pretty populated then...you add the yuppy factor and the 500ft rule...and aren't there a bunch of golf courses in they area?.....ppl that have horse farms ...and those # are  way off balance when considering a huntable herd.....there are some pretty big private no go zones there isn't there?

The 3 huge fields I saw the deer in were cut hay fields . There are a few houses around but no building tracts . My son is hoping to be able to eventually hunt a couple of these properties ( not the 251 / 65 ) property . Another place I have seen a crapload of deer is on Sheldon Road . It's off Rt 65 south of Mendon Ponds Park .......