The plots are growing, one better then the other...

depends what day corn you planted.. i ususally figure 4 months for it to dry(blacktip) and dent for fieldcorn. deer prefer it dry as moist corn can carry a lot of deadly fungus which they know to avoid, i ve seen deer walk by wet corn and head a 1/2 mile or more to a good dried down field. i have 2 good fields of corn and 1 thats looks bad(was to dry for to long)will have ears but will only be small as its barly 3 ft high and tasseling.  86- 97 day is about average for growing but i can get killing frosts where i am in sept..

Yeah, little late on that other plot, but there is still plenty of time.  Whats it take about 2 months to mature right? So it might be OK.

Looking good John, glad to see you are enjoying the food plot aspect of hunting, really makes you get involved with the land instead of just hunting it. Makes hunting much more enjoyable and satisfying to see the fruits of our hard labor......Yeah dont think that corn will work out this season (oh well...live and learn), however next fall try to get that corn in ground by beginning to middle of June (atleast thats what farmers do by me), at this time of year corn in my area is head to shoulder high...Best of luck...

• 2 weeks later...