Gorilla Exo Tech G30 Safety Harness

I got my new G30 today and figured I would do a little review on it. The first impression I got when I unboxed it, was it feels a little on the heavy side, but not too bad. I read through the book to see if there are any special tricks to this harness, and really, there arent. I unbuckled all of the straps and put the harness on to fit it for me. One of the biggest reasons I wanted this harness was because of the buckle system, which is similar to a seat belt style. You fit the harness to yourself once, and there is no more adjusting to do, just connect the buckles and go. My last harness did not have buckles, and you were basically refitting it every time you put it on. The down side to this system is that you are going to want to put it on before you get to your tree, or be really careful not to clank the buckles together, but the upside of being able to put it on and take it off quickly outweighs the negative to me. The harness is pretty darn comfortable once its on, and it has some loops and buckles that you can use to hang binos, calls, etc from, which is nice. It also comes with a real lineman's belt, which is a first for one of my harnesses. That should make setting up stands alot safer and faster. The quality is very good and I am looking forward to trying it out. Ill take a few pics and post them up when I have some time.

• 1 month later...

After using this harness a bunch with setting ladder stands and practicing from stands, I love it. Its very comfortable and super fast and easy to put on and take off. I havent used the linemans belt yet, but will be when I set my hang ons this weekend.

Pics are uploading right now and Ill post them shortly.

Here is the harness laid out and the small, detachable bag next to it. The bag is for keeping your lineman's belt/step loop handy. The step loop is for taking the pressure off of your lower body to allow blood to flow back up from your legs if you need to be suspended for a while. Ill be using a Tree Spider Livewire, which is an automatic decent system, so I wont need to bother with the step loop.

DSC_6791.jpg

Here is the buckle system that makes it so easy and fast to put on or take off. These pics also show the quality of the stitching on the harness.

DSC_6792.jpg

DSC_6793.jpg

Here is one of the leg straps and buckles

DSC_6794.jpg

The harness also features padded support areas to make it more comfortable and keep the straps from pinching you when you are suspended.

DSC_6795.jpg

Heres a shot of the safety strap, which is longer than most and has more shock absorption built into it than most others.

DSC_6796.jpg

Heres a shot of the back of it, you can see more padded areas and also the vented areas to allow plenty of air flow. There is also a handle on your lower back for someone to grab if they are helping you back into your stand. I have yet to see that feature on any other harness system.

DSC_6797.jpg

The red loops are for the lineman's belt/foot loop

DSC_6799.jpg

This may not be the lightest harness system out there, but the quality is impressive and Id rather have the nice features than a pound or so less weight.

• Like 1

Looks good. Did you get a Tree Spider LiveWire yet? If so, what do you think?

I ordered one a couple days ago off the web.

LOL, I didn't know it at the time but the one I ordered was sitting on my porch at the time I wrote that!

Haven't had much time to look it over yet................

Not sure where your going to buy it from but I paid $40 off EBay. The listing had expired and I called the seller and he sould me one at his BIN price, $40 shipped!

You can pay more..........

Sounds like you got a super deal ! It never hurts to contact the sellers and a lot of them are pretty good about taking care of customers .

I have a HSS harness but bought a Rescue One CDS harness that I will be wearing this season .