Blood tracking light

moog5050

Any of you folks use one of these:

https://www.explosivepowersports.com/primos-bloodhunter-hd-shadow-free-blood-tracking-light-61107/?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy6G-3Zvs5AIVgZ-fCh21sQWlEAQYASABEgLGufD_BwE

My curiosity and the good reviews got the better of me and I ordered one.  Arrived yesterday.  Haven't tested it out other than shining it on stewed chicken my wife cooked.  The red sauce lit up like a Christmas tree with lights on and off.  I suspect it will be useful so long as blood is still wet.  Its pretty neat.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

I have tried a couple different blood tracking lights. My experience is, that they do help somewhat? Like if you have ample blood to track, it will illuminate it well. And if that's the case, any light works well. But if the blood is sparse, like pin drops, it is still difficult to pick up. You still need to be close (hands and knees) to pick it up, until you hopefully get to a better, heavier blood line. 

I have no experience with that particular light though. 

Hopefully I can help you track, via our phones like last year!...lol Or if need be......ROAD TRIP!!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grampy said:

I have tried a couple different blood tracking lights. My experience is, that they do help somewhat? Like if you have ample blood to track, it will illuminate it well. And if that's the case, any light works well. But if the blood is sparse, like pin drops, it is still difficult to pick up. You still need to be close (hands and knees) to pick it up, until you hopefully get to a better, heavier blood line. 

I have no experience with that particular light though. 

Hopefully I can help you track, via our phones like last year!...lol Or if need be......ROAD TRIP!!!

We can test it out when you shoot a WNY buck!  For under $40, I figure it can't be much worse than any other light. 

• Like 2

I have a green one that works pretty good on blood. But I've never had to track in the dark. All my buck kills were morning or midday except xbow buck right before dark, but he only went 5 yards. I tried the green light on the blood that was there in dark just to see but not sure it was any better than white light.

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I have a green one that works pretty good on blood. But I've never had to track in the dark. All my buck kills were morning or midday except xbow buck right before dark, but he only went 5 yards. I tried the green light on the blood that was there in dark just to see but not sure it was any better than white light.

This one definitely made red light up/glow far more than normal.  But maybe its only useful for tracking your pasta dish or the spots on my shirt after sunday sauce.

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

This one definitely made red light up/glow far more than normal.  But maybe its only useful for tracking your pasta dish or the spots on my shirt after sunday sauce.

lol, this just made me think of a kid who grew up in my neighborhood. Everytime we would knock on his parents house door to see if he could come out and play manhunt, he would come outside in a white t-shirt that was covered in red sauce stains lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

lol, this just made me think of a kid who grew up in my neighborhood. Everytime we would knock on his parents house door to see if he could come out and play manhunt, he would come outside in a white t-shirt that was covered in red sauce stains lol.

My brother from another mother!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1