Metal Ladder Stand - Just picked up two Big Dog Big Bud's

burmjohn

Picked up two of these metal ladder stands off ebay, one for 89 + shipping and one for 94 + shipping... Not to bad, and I wanted some more stands on the property for friends and family...    I already have the Red Tick one from the same guys and like the stand, http://bigdogtreestands.com/products-page/stands/bdl-451-17-big-bud/ 

I never liked the 1 man ones, these give a lot more room to move around and stand, plus they just feel a bit safer.

BDL-451-235x300.png

• Large 40” x 12-3/4” Foot & Seat  Platform
  • Seat Height: 17”
  • Padded Seat Cushion
  • Padded Flip-Up Shooting Rail
  • Attaches with (2) Looped Ratchet  Straps
  • Adjustable Ladder Support Bar
  • Pinned/Sleeved Ladder Sections
  • Certified to all TMA standards
  • (2) Fall Arrest Systems Included
  • Box Weight: 78 lbs.
  • Weight Capacity: 500 lbs.

Burt.

I put up all my metal ladder stands by my self...and yep it can be a beast but to help.... this is what I do... I bring two "D" stakes...and I pound them in in front of each leg and loosely tie the legs to the stake...that way I can "walk" the stand up to the tree with out the legs popping up on me