Charcuterie

Chef

Interesting...I expected the be able to see the fat speckled throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should be I’m hanging a issue using the grinder to stuff it’s emulsifying everything. I’m going to buy a press stuffer and try again

There should be I’m hanging a issue using the grinder to stuff it’s emulsifying everything. I’m going to buy a press stuffer and try again

That consistency looks good though. AT’s look a little “rougher” to me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chef said:

I have the 5lb LEM vertical with the plastic tubes. I think the casing slides off easier JMO.

100's of pounds through that unit without a hitch. Beef, pork,venison.

You can't stuff good sausage with a grinder, adds too much heat and you get hotdog consistency. Fat smears. 

After I grind and mix, I make softball size balls of meat and put them in a tray for the freezer to keep cool. Then you can quickly load for stuffing. Good fat handling needs to have everything ice cold, if my hands don't hurt from the cold, the ingredients are to warm.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Would it make sense to fine grind the venison and a courser plate used in the fat...I too don’t have a stuffer...yet

I think its better to have an even grind to be honest. Ill be getting an LEM 5lb stuffer for next year too as well as probably a meat mixer or new grinder

I think its better to have an even grind to be honest. Ill be getting an LEM 5lb stuffer for next year too as well as probably a meat mixer or new grinder

Yea for sure the stuffer makes a big difference. I’m gunna see if one of my chef buddies has a extra one

• Like 1