Quick question

Bowhunter123

move your camera or stand ? the bucks will be downwind of the doe trails.. they are still in summer patterns. Cameras are only good for showing you what is around right now. wait till they are in "hard horn" to start looking for stand sites.unless you see a ton of doe in fields(the bucks will hang back in woods/brush)then that wouild be a good early season ambush spot. . Now if next year bow opens oct 1 you'll want to hit the summer trails as bucks will still be in bachloer groups.

Well if they are across the street they will be on yours as well. Honestly i could care less if i get buck pictures untill they shed their velvet. They are in summer patterns and bachlor groups now. their range will move. the doe will dictate where the bucks will be come season. Last year i had no buck pictures untill oct. then i had 4 bucks that would make pope n young show up. i was fortunate to get a droptine i had 12 pictures of in 4 weeks. i had countless little bucks as well.. if you have good cover and food the doe will be there and the bucks will come. How many times have you heard i had pictures of and watched them big bucks all summer and 2 weeks before season they dissapeard!! they didnt dissapear they went to where they had cover and does to breed.. I have had pictures of a good buck in velvet only to have him shot 2-3 miles away by a friend.. same with his pictures of the droptine i got ..he had 1 picture in sept, and by oct 12 his home range had moved to my property 2 miles away... Its still early lots of times for pics... last word of advice ..the less disturbed your land is the better.. keep your camera in an easy access spot ..bucks dont like having their bedroom walked thru 1x a week... you can kill a good spot by checking a camera all the time.

Edited by G-Man

It is very rare for me to get some bucks on camera in the summer. Always does and fawns, its not until late september or october before they start showin up on my cameras.. It has always made me wonder if the guys with all the buck pics in the summer have the opposite effect. Do the bucks ont he cameras start to disappear as they move out of the bachelor groups and into other areas?