new member northern new york

smw

Hi there, Ive been reading these forums for a few months or so. Lots of great info. I live in Constable now but was born in raised in Massena. Primarily Ive been interested in fishing most of my life, but now im pumped to start hunting. Just finished the hunter safety course and now am trying to find a left handed bolt action rifle in a big game caliber. So far no luck on that front as most are 22s or custom rifles that are above my budget. Its looking like i might have to try to find a used remington semi auto or old pump action and save up for next year

• 3 weeks later...

I live in constable also and am also left handed it isn't that bad shooting a right handed rifle I have never shot a left handed rifle.I looked at a couple earlier this year and it felt weird to work the bolt on a LH rifle after shooting RH all my life. You might also want to consider a lever action as an ambidextrous rifle. A great place to try is Dicks country store in Churubusco they had a couple used LH rifles in .270 or 30-06 in march when I looking to upgrade from my .243.

Edited by noahmstone