In Today's E-mail

Steve D

DEC Reminds Successful Hunters and Trappers to TAKE IT, TAG IT, REPORT IT

With big game hunting seasons upon us, DEC would like to remind hunters who take a deer or bear to report their harvest. In addition, trappers who take a bobcat, fisher, marten, or otter must have the animal pelt-sealed by DEC staff.

Reporting your deer or bear can be done via phone, the DEC website, or mobile app. Call a DEC regional wildlife office to make arrangements to get your otter, bobcat, fisher, or marten sealed. 

Hunters and trappers play a crucial role in game management. Data collected from harvest reports are used to track populations of game species and to ensure that hunting and trapping opportunities are sustainable. Reporting your harvest is not just the law, it’s an important tool in wildlife management. So, if you have success this fall – TAKE IT, TAG IT, REPORT IT.

Reporting Your Harvest:
Online: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8316.html
By phone: 1-866-426-3778
Mobile App: For download information, see http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8316.html

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I reported all my kills and filled out & mailed back the Bow Hunter survey after the close of the archery season........maybe I'll have to contact them again WHEN  I score on a ML'r late season kill??

Fixed it. We know better. Deer bring a knife to a gun fight with you   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I was just looking at the app and noticed I didn’t report one last year. I try to be diligent about that. Although one may have been signed over now that I think about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the consigned buck tag. I then signed over to a friend :cheese: