Anchor Point

noodle one

The anchor point for shooting a bow is the same as the rear sight on a gun. if you want to shoot good groups, you need to line the rear sight with the front to be on every time. One needs to use the same anchor piont every time to be consistent.

I don't shoot my bow all year round and only start shooting a month and a half before archery season and every year I use to have had the same problem finding a comfortable piont for my anchor.I have tried kisser buttons and never liked them. I have used my thumb behind the ear and or a finger to the corner of my mouth. I have even used the string on the tip of my nose. Every year I have gotten a deer with my bow and still not feel comfortable with my anchor point.

Four years ago I started using the fletching on my arrow in the corner of my mouth and now I can pick up my bow and be shooting groups in five min. For me this feels the most comfortable and it puts my anchor in the same spot every time and has made me more consistent. What is your anchor piont that works for you?

Anchor point is important when shooting instinctive also... I shoot fingers with a leather glove and touch my first finger to the corner of my mouth. Shooting instinctively is like shooting foul shots in basketball... get a routine and do the exact same thing every time