Not my luck this year with the bow

Geno C

took the bow out shooting over a month ago, which is kind of late for me... been shooting a few times a week with no issues. i noticed about a week ago my guide line started wearing out a bit through the serving and i decided to take the bow in to snithpoint to get is replaced, My buddy dave was more then helpful and took me in on the spot and replaced. I shot a few arrows at 40 yards yesterday hitting right on. On my 5th arrow i heard an odd slap sound and the arrow flew over the target. upon inspection i saw the guide line was off the roller guard on my Mathews. It looked like the line needed a serving so i took it back to Dave and he served the line. I took 1 shot and my drop away rest didnt disengage cause the line didn't unlock it on full draw, so that blew off and broke. he fixed that for me and i took a few shots made a few adjustments and i seem good to go.

this stuff never happens to me, especially this close to the season lol.. just the things we face, its all what you make of it tho. id rather do this crap now then have a nice deer step out and something goes wrong. i dial her in pretty quick after these changes so im not worried.

figured id share...

It's also the best ammo for having a back up bow. Years ago, I sheared the pins off my sight one hunt (a branch somehow found it's way in when walking to the stand). I was out of commission for a couple days before I had a chance to fix it and resight....never again.

Having two bows isn't that big of a deal cost-wise - it doesn't have to be expensive at all.

yeah i would have been introuble lol

its all fixed now but i am looking into getting a new bow on order soon... ive been thinking about it for awhile now but this is like an omen lol, someone is telling to buy it and pull the trigger

Once a guy get the bug a new bow will be on the way. I also had a new bow one year and got ready to shoot the senior 900 round. I was leading in my age group with 9 arrow to go and the wonderfull new bow the cable blew up. I took no other score and still had not that bad a score. But you know as I packed the car said how come you no taking your old bow with you. Of course I said no need the new bow is just super....right super. How come the wife is right there when you screw up. I sure wish that was a day I had taken her suggestion to pack that old piece of iron and have it at the shoot. SO now when I go to local shoots I have the backup bow with me all the time...

That backup bow idea sounds great to me, but how do you get it past the spouse?

I have a washer and dryer just for my hunting clothes...having a back up really wasn't a difficult issue. I get more greif over the lower cost items...like a cheap game cam or cheap stand, etc....things I have several of.