Anyone hunt near Cuba, NY

Rev Ev

I'm not sure the Castro regime will let you in. :derisive:

Just kiddin'. I've been through the area a few times (good cheese there). That whole stretch looks real "deery". In fact it wasn't too far from there were I saw a road-killed bear (big one) a few years ago. I'll bet there has to be a few members that hunt down that way that can give you the scoop on the area.

yes i live and hunt in cuba... lots of game around bear, deer, turkey, i even flushed 4 woodcock today :) lots of stateland as well hanging bog /cranberry hollow ...close to 2000 acres.... hold some good grouse and turkey ... usually have the place to yourself unless opening weekend of deer(rifle), the local clubs release phesant as well ...

Edited by G-Man

Hanging bog is right across the valley from me..i now have 4 different bears on camera. there have been 3 bear taken in the last 3 years that i know of. 1 in hanging bog by a bow hunter 250 lbs or so. Another by a bow hunter right off cuba lake 2 years ago was nuisence bear from alleghny st.park tags in its ears, and a gun hunter last year got a 300lb boar 2 properties to the north of me last year.. these are ones i saw. there might be more. the beach nuts are loaded this year that will be a big draw for them. Had bear opened 1st week of gun last year we could of taken 3 possibly 4 off my property. .

Hanging bog is right across the valley from me..i now have 4 different bears on camera. there have been 3 bear taken in the last 3 years that i know of. 1 in hanging bog by a bow hunter 250 lbs or so. Another by a bow hunter right off cuba lake 2 years ago was nuisence bear from alleghny st.park  tags in its ears, and a gun hunter last year got a 300lb boar 2 properties to the north  of me last year.. these are ones i saw. there might be more. the beach nuts are loaded this year that will be a big draw for them. Had bear opened 1st week of gun last year we could of taken 3 possibly 4 off my property. .

I've noticed that too. This is the first year in many that the beech have produced a good mast; the last 3-5 years most of the nuts have been hollow. Good luck on your bear, Rev Ev! I've seen quite a bit of bear sign where I hunt in Cuba.