70-80 degrees

Karpteach

beats florida hunting.I hunted in shorts and no shirt with a bug tamer on over top.Cant hear nothing but buzzing from the masquitos.Now thats some hot hunting.Even in the palmetto swamp!!So up here if its 70 i might hunt.It all depends on how lucky I feel.I have seen many a deer in the woods in 70-80 degree weather while setting stands or just scouting or hiking.

I perfer 45-55 tho.Perfect temps right there.

Does everyone mean deer or buck b/c a deer is always an easier task then a nice buck.

Deer, im just as happy wether it has no antlers, a spike, or a good buck. But we do start to see more bucks during this time. But a deer is a deer, the only thing we won't kill is a button buck if we can try. But after my sucky season last year because of my crazy work and school scedual, and my health situation now, im killing the first thing I see this year when I get back in the woods in the next couple of weeks.

Some people say they are active all winter on LI ?????

could be true, i can not recall picking any up in the winter but i do know you might get some on dragging a deer out since the deer is prob covered in them... i was just saying i have not had any one me all weekend. kind of surprising.

I disagree with both I use a lint roller when I get to my stand and the same back my car and if you look close at least 50-60 larvae ticks. Plus I have had shots at deer everyday I've been out I have nothing against shooting doe but I do it in December last year I past a nice 7 bc it was crooked from a fight on my property figured let him grow bigger and straight for next year then I got nothing that will not happen again.