Rubinofilms 2011 Hunting Journal

mbucks27

Hey guys, we hope to keep you guys updated with our journal thorughout the season. Started a little late since we have been hunting down here on the island for a few days already and i took a doe on opening day in the afternoon. We are in the process of editing the hunt and should have it up on our site soon. Good Luck to everybody this season!!

1st doe of the year

photo.png

John

Thanks, Im leaving in about 2 hrs to go up to camp for the weekend cant wait!!! Weather is not looking good but we will be out there either way trying to get it done. Good luck to everybody this weekend. ill be checking in as the weekend goes on.

John

Well The weekend came and went and i didnt even see one deer from the stand. The wind was real bad all weekend where i was with 20 to 30 mph gusts which screwed me up. Im hoping for a better weekend this weekend im off on monday and i am going up to one of my favorite spots to hunt in Chenango county where i always see big bucks. Cant wait to get back out there on Sat morning. Good luck to anybody hunting this week.

John

SItting at work right now waiting for the day to end already so i can head upstate. Going up to chenango county this weekend to hunt a great piece of land that i always see big bucks on every year. I will be self filming this weekend but i hope to get everything on film if a shot does present itself. Gonna be up there till monday night and i dont have the best cell phone reception in that area but ill try to update the journal as the weekend goes on. Good luck to everybody this weekend.

John

Friday 10/21 Hunted the afternoon in greene county. I saw 2 6points 2 does and a button buck. Was a good afternoon with a lot of deer up on thier feet moving.

Saturday 10/22 I filmed my brother on a farm we hunt but we didnt see any movement from the stand. Got down around 9:30 and scouted around. We found some small rubs but nothing worth getting excited about.

Saturday 10/22 PM Hunted Chenango county. Had one button buck come by the stand around dark.

Sunday 10/23 AM. Had 4 does and a button buck come by the stand at 9:30. They came in feeding on acorns and stayed for about 5 minutes before heading off to bed for the morning.

Sunday 10/23 PM Didnt see any deer from the stand. I spooked one while walking in that was right near my stand that was feeding on acorns. Either small do or button buck.

Monday 10/24 AM I had a small 4 point come in under my stand he fed on apples for a while then made a scrape about 40 yards out before going into the thick brush to bed down for the morning. Climbing down in my climber around 10:30 i heard a buck grunting but he never came out of the brush and i couldnt see what it was. I also had a coyote come by the stand at first light but it was too far off to take a shot.

All in all it was a good weekend of hunting even though i didnt see any shooter bucks. Hunting Long Island this weekend so hopefully our luck will change and the big boys will start moving around more as the pre-rut heats up.

John

• 2 weeks later...