Keeping busy

I pinned them to a piece of plywood, wedged up against the wall on my work bench, and put a nail at the top to hold them in place. You need to do this while the feet are still flexible. You can also position them the way you want and use string to tie them in position. Then let them dry. I don't know how long as I usually forget about them for months! But when the are dry they will stay in that position.
https://www.realtree.com/turkey-hunting/articles/5-diy-turkey-taxidermy-projects

Fantastic! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I pinned them to a piece of plywood, wedged up against the wall on my work bench, and put a nail at the top to hold them in place. You need to do this while the feet are still flexible. You can also position them the way you want and use string to tie them in position. Then let them dry. I don't know how long as I usually forget about them for months! But when the are dry they will stay in that position.
https://www.realtree.com/turkey-hunting/articles/5-diy-turkey-taxidermy-projects

360f1603d22d1c4afb775c225a2a2d77.jpg
One champagne of beard in borax, one straight leg and one FU!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Still keeping busy, at least until 5/1, then the shop closes for a month for some reason?

I built a couple of new check out counters for Ed Youngs Hardware,  I'll  be adding plexiglas sheilds on top to give the cashier some level of protection once the countertops are done. I believe the shields are going to be the "new normal" as this virus crap is going to with us for quite some time?

20200418_130911.jpg

20200420_172053.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 11:31 PM, 2012_taco said:

A friend asked me to make a table for his wife so I  threw this together.  Shee wanted it a specific height and size. Now the dilemma as most everything I build is a donation, I  have no idea how much I should charge? There's probably $100 in wood, and over 10 hours in labor.

20200319_112505.jpg

20200312_145939.jpg

I don't have an idea about the cost. But, it's really beautiful and stable! Great work!

• Like 1