New here, wanted to share some of my better trail cam pics

SteveNY

Great IR pics. What camera is that? My bushnell trophy cam takes good daylight pics but the nite time IR arent that good.

Great variety of animals. All i got on my cam was deer turkey and turkey buzzard (landed in middle of food plot) Hopefully she was a harbinger of death for the 8 pointer i got on cam in velvet a few weeks earlier.

This quote is off of the Hunting Regulations page on the DEC site:

"It is illegal to hunt with the aid of bait, or over any baited area when hunting big game, upland game birds, turkey or waterfowl."

Doesn't say anything about hunting fox or coyote, or any other small game.

This is just DEC rules and regulations. Maybe there are state/county/township laws about "baiting"?

Edited by SteveNY

Bears are illegal to bait. Turkey are illegal to bait. Deer are illegal to bait. Doesnt matter if you are hunting or not, it is illegal. Doesnt matter if its any open season or not, its illegal.

I am in no way in disagreement but if I am legitimately baiting for fox or coyotes, which is legal, you cant really prevent a bear from coming in. I actually just started another topic regarding hunting over a gut pile and this is my dilemma. If I am hunting over a gut pile intended for predator, such as coyote or fox, and a bear comes in what is the actual ruling on that.?

I am in no way in disagreement but if I am legitimately baiting for fox or coyotes, which is legal, you cant really prevent a bear from coming in. I actually just started another topic regarding hunting over a gut pile and this is my dilemma. If I am hunting over a gut pile intended for predator, such as coyote or fox, and a bear comes in what is the actual ruling on that.?

I would really like to know the answer to this as well.

As for the "bait" in my pics, its just corn that I shucked. The corn field is just over the ridge. I just put some corn there to slow things by on this trail leading into the field.

See there's the problem with baiting laws. Legal for some species ..... illegal for other species, even though they all eat the same stuff. So now the CO has to judge intent. Yeah like he's a mind reader. It gets into some interesting disagreements. And then there is the laws against feeding (applies to bears and deer). More interesting interpretations.

Anyway, that is a long way from the original topic. All I got to say is those are some darn nice pictures and a lot different and more interesting than the average deer picture. Thanks for posting them.